User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'd have to first read your review of a conservative comedy show (are there any?) that you thought was decent, for me to put your review in better context.
    Dennis Miller went neocon batshit-insane post-9/11, but his radio show is very funny. Penn and Teller's show is very libertarian and occasionally funny. And, of course, South Park is still a very funny show, and they attack liberals more than any major program on TV.

And Red Eye is actually decent, the best show on Fox in my opinion. After Fox News Watch, the only other half-way respectable show.

I decided I liked Red Eye when I was first watching it and they had some liberal comic on, and he completely ripped on Fox with a good one-liner, and the host and commentators laughed and went with it and took it in good humor.
    Yeah, it's not bad. Also, Kerry Howley used to be on regularly, and she is not only funny, but probably the hottest libertarian woman in America. She was reason enough to watch when she guested.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Dennis Miller went neocon batshit-insane post-9/11, but his radio show is very funny. Penn and Teller's show is very libertarian and occasionally funny. And, of course, South Park is still a very funny show, and they attack liberals more than any major program on TV.
    I thought Miller was marginally funny back before he flipped flopped his politics. I saw him on O'Reilly recently, and he was just on a angry sarcastic non-witty tirade. And South Park attacks liberals sometimes, and is a funny show, but it's hardly a conservative show.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I thought Miller was marginally funny back before he flipped flopped his politics. I saw him on O'Reilly recently, and he was just on a angry sarcastic non-witty tirade.
    Did he "flip-flop?" He was never a liberal. Someone on his old HBO show asked him flat-out if he were a conservative or libertarian, and he said he was a "pragmatic moderate." He moved right, especially on foreign policy, but it's not as if the guy has been an Air America commentator before. BTW, "Air America" has to be the most unintentionally ironic and hilarious name for a left-wing network ever.

And South Park attacks liberals sometimes, and is a funny show, but it's hardly a conservative show.
    It's pretty libertarian in its mindset. To the best of my knowledge, Matt Stone is a registered Republican, and Trey Parker is a libertarian (and possibly member of the Libertarian Party).

South Park Republican - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

South Park Refugees: Republicans can't count on the votes of "Team America" - Reason Magazine

Some conflicting reports on party affiliation, but they support small-l libertarianism pretty consistently.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I've always wondered how the show would do once the right was basically tossed down the hill and replaced, but I think it's still pretty entertaining. Colbert I don't really like though, and does Lewis Black still come on the show? I don't watch much but Black is my favorite comedian.
    Black was awsome. The definition of logic itself. I'm thinkin, believe it or not, (I)NFP.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Well you're not exactly the first person I'd go to to get a review of the unabashedly liberal The Daily Show.

Did you ever see the Fox News equivalent to The Daily Show? Half-Hour News Hour, I think it was called.
    Your right. That fox half hour sucked. Do you still enjoy SNL? I think it died rite around when Ferrel, Meadows, Oterri and McDonald left.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP

Did he "flip-flop?" He was never a liberal. Someone on his old HBO show asked him flat-out if he were a conservative or libertarian, and he said he was a "pragmatic moderate." He moved right, especially on foreign policy, but it's not as if the guy has been an Air America commentator before. BTW, "Air America" has to be the most unintentionally ironic and hilarious name for a left-wing network ever.

It's pretty libertarian in its mindset. To the best of my knowledge, Matt Stone is a registered Republican, and Trey Parker is a libertarian (and possibly member of the Libertarian Party).

South Park Republican - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

South Park Refugees: Republicans can't count on the votes of "Team America" - Reason Magazine

Some conflicting reports on party affiliation, but they support small-l libertarianism pretty consistently.
    I just know that Miller used to be a Democrat. I think he was known as being a typical liberal Hollywood guy, but I don't care enough about him to look that up.

The South Park guys also support the liberal leader of one of the largest liberal Think Tanks. I wouldn't call the show libertarian bent, they go after free-market capitalism too. If anything, I might call it centrist. Definitely socially liberal.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I just know that Miller used to be a Democrat. I think he was known as being a typical liberal Hollywood guy, but I don't care enough about him to look that up.
    From what I have read, he was a Democrat, but was always rather centrist. Al Franken said that people have asked him, "What happened to Dennis?" and his response was "What do you mean? Dennis always had a conservative streak."

The South Park guys also support the liberal leader of one of the largest liberal Think Tanks. I wouldn't call the show libertarian bent, they go after free-market capitalism too. If anything, I might call it centrist. Definitely socially liberal.
    South Park has a decidedly libertarian bent. It's quite clear when you watch the show. It's not propaganda, but it's there, and Matt and Trey admit as much in the interview with Jesse Walker. They go after certain corporations and industries regularly, but I've never seen anything anti-capitalistic on that show. Are you sure you are watching it without the liberal goggles on?

MBTI
    INTP

From what I have read, he was a Democrat, but was always rather centrist. Al Franken said that people have asked him, "What happened to Dennis?" and his response was "What do you mean? Dennis always had a conservative streak."

South Park has a decidedly libertarian bent. It's quite clear when you watch the show. It's not propaganda, but it's there, and Matt and Trey admit as much in the interview with Jesse Walker. They go after certain corporations and industries regularly, but I've never seen anything anti-capitalistic on that show. Are you sure you are watching it without the liberal goggles on?
    A good episode where they went after capitalists and the idea of monopolies, was in their Wal-Mart episode.

MBTI
    ESFJ

A good episode where they went after capitalists and the idea of monopolies, was in their Wal-Mart episode.
    That episode wasn't anti-capitalist in the least. In fact, it was pretty pro-Wal-Mart. The moral of the story is that consumer choice is a good thing. Did you even watch that episode?

MBTI
    INTP

That episode wasn't anti-capitalist in the least. In fact, it was pretty pro-Wal-Mart. The moral of the story is that consumer choice is a good thing. Did you even watch that episode?
    In the episode, South Park gets turned into a ghost town because of Wal-Mart. As with many issues, they make the anti and pro case.

Regardless, it's not a conservative show. And I don't think there is even currently a comedy show that comes from a conservative perspective on air.