Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I think that was Stewart's whole point; that Jim Cramer tries to mix business with entertainment, and that people probably shouldn't trust him with their money.
    So we shouldn't trust the administration who touts the same things but puts it all in one big urgent collection of Cramers last 10 years? Glad we three agree.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    So we should trust the administration who touts the same thing but puts it all in one big urgent collection of Cramers last 10 years? Glad we three agree.
    We probably shouldn't totally trust any one person or administration.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I think that was Stewart's whole point; that Jim Cramer tries to mix business with entertainment, and that people probably shouldn't trust him with their money. It's cool you two agree.
    It wasn't that funny, though. Like pretty much all of The Daily Show. It's a comedy show that isn't funny poking fun at a financial analyst who loses people money.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It wasn't that funny, though. Like pretty much all of The Daily Show. It's a comedy show that isn't funny poking fun at a financial analyst who loses people money.
    Yeah in many parts of the interview, Stewart appeared to be serious, and didn't try to be that funny with it. Which he doesn't do often.

And people like you who end up saying The Daily Show or Colbert isn't funny at all, just end up looking like bitter people on the Right with no sense of humor.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I've always wondered how the show would do once the right was basically tossed down the hill and replaced, but I think it's still pretty entertaining. Colbert I don't really like though, and does Lewis Black still come on the show? I don't watch much but Black is my favorite comedian.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Colbert I don't really like though, and does Lewis Black still come on the show? I don't watch much but Black is my favorite comedian.
    There was a time when I was growing weary of his character, but some of his interviews are sublime. Very quick witted.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yeah in many parts of the interview, Stewart appeared to be serious, and didn't try to be that funny with it. Which he doesn't do often.

And people like you who end up saying The Daily Show or Colbert isn't funny at all, just end up looking like bitter people on the Right with no sense of humor.

But the show isn't that funny. I've tried watching it on a few occasions the last few years, but it's really difficult. It's a shame, because I was a fan during the Kilborn years, and early on in Stewart's tenure. I went to a taping and met him, actually. Seemed nice enough. It's completely and totally overrated now. Colbert Report is better, but the nonstop, OTT deadpan tone is wearing by the end of an episode. I have very high standards when it comes to comedy. I can name ten shows of the 2000s funnier than The Daily Show or Colbert Report off the top of my head. It has nothing to do with ideology. Well, actually, it does; people left-of-center think those shows are way funnier than they are.

MBTI
    INTP

But the show isn't that funny. I've tried watching it on a few occasions the last few years, but it's really difficult. It's a shame, because I was a fan during the Kilborn years, and early on in Stewart's tenure. I went to a taping and met him, actually. Seemed nice enough. It's completely and totally overrated now. Colbert Report is better, but the nonstop, OTT deadpan tone is wearing by the end of an episode. I have very high standards when it comes to comedy. I can name ten shows of the 2000s funnier than The Daily Show or Colbert Report off the top of my head. It has nothing to do with ideology. Well, actually, it does; people left-of-center think those shows are way funnier than they are.
    Well you're not exactly the first person I'd go to to get a review of the unabashedly liberal The Daily Show.

Did you ever see the Fox News equivalent to The Daily Show? Half-Hour News Hour, I think it was called.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Well you're not exactly the first person I'd go to to get a review of the unabashedly liberal The Daily Show.
    You should go to me for reviews of entertainment programming and media outlets, as I can offer expert opinions on them. I am an avid consumer and critic of music, film, and television, and I have studied these subjects formally. Besides, for objective opinions, you don't ask a liberal whether or not a liberal program is good. The same holds with asking a conservative about a conservative program.

Did you ever see the Fox News equivalent to The Daily Show? Half-Hour News Hour, I think it was called.
    Yes, I watched one episode. It was terrible. I think I laughed one time. The only program on FNC that is ever (intentionally) funny is Red Eye, and that is only when a particularly funny guest is on, which is maybe once every week or two.

MBTI
    INTP

You should go to me for reviews of entertainment programming and media outlets, as I can offer expert opinions on them. I am an avid consumer and critic of music, film, and television, and I have studied these subjects formally. Besides, for objective opinions, you don't ask a liberal whether or not a liberal program is good. The same holds with asking a conservative about a conservative program.

Yes, I watched one episode. It was terrible. I think I laughed one time. The only program on FNC that is ever (intentionally) funny is Red Eye, and that is only when a particularly funny guest is on, which is maybe once every week or two.
    I'd have to first read your review of a conservative comedy show (are there any?) that you thought was decent, for me to put your review in better context.

And Red Eye is actually decent, the best show on Fox in my opinion. After Fox News Watch, the only other half-way respectable show.

I decided I liked Red Eye when I was first watching it and they had some liberal comic on, and he completely ripped on Fox with a good one-liner, and the host and commentators laughed and went with it and took it in good humor.