User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yet I hardly think it's a damaging indictment of free market capitalism.
    agreed. the government failed in this case not only by allowing bad behavior but actually encouraging it.

if murder suddenly became legal and the goverment then said that if you have any grievances against anyone then murder should be the first recourse, is that a reflection on democracy as a system or on the people who run that system?

another way of looking at it is comparing a lamborghini (capitalism) to a pinto (everything else). both will get you where you're going AND both can be crashed into a wall. however, under nominal conditions there is little comparison.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    In your mind seeing as you worship the ground Santelli walks on. But for the purposes of pwning CNBC, and their failure to get it right at every step of the way, neither here nor there.
    Actually, no, not in my mind. In reality, since you can WTFV and see it happen. You're just digging yourself a hole right now.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Actually, no, not in my mind. In reality, since you can WTFV and see it happen. You're just digging yourself a hole right now.
    What part of I don't care about Jon Stewart and God Santelli's pissing match, I care about the demonstration of CNBC's ineptitude don't you get? Would you feel better if I took Santelli's cock out of your mouth and put it into Stewart's? Would you then address the point that I was addressing which was CNBC getting it completely and utterly wrong at every step of the way?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    agreed. the government failed in this case not only by allowing bad behavior but actually encouraging it.

if murder suddenly became legal and the goverment then said that if you have any grievances against anyone then murder should be the first recourse, is that a reflection on democracy as a system or on the people who run that system?

another way of looking at it is comparing a lamborghini (capitalism) to a pinto (everything else). both will get you where you're going AND both can be crashed into a wall. however, under nominal conditions there is little comparison.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-revealed.html

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ESFJ

What part of I don't care about Jon Stewart and God Santelli's pissing match, I care about the demonstration of CNBC's ineptitude don't you get? Would you feel better if I took Santelli's cock out of your mouth and put it into Stewart's? Would you then address the point that I was addressing which was CNBC getting it completely and utterly wrong at every step of the way?
    I love it. You know you look like a joke now, right? Rick Santelli is ON CNBC. How can you not get this through your skull? He actually argued AGAINST Jim Cramer, who was one of the people included in this clip. How can CNBC have gotten it wrong "every step of the way" when they have people on arguing against each other about what's going on? Have you lost your mind?

MBTI
    INTP

Edit: Btw I didn't know comedians are expected to be right...
    on a spectrum with one end being "complete falsehoods" and the other end being "complete truths" i, personally, prefer my comedians to tend towards the truth end. of course, comedic effectiveness isn't always 100% compatible with complete truth so it's difficult to expect as much. but, at least for me, that doesn't give comedians the license to spread falsehoods.

indeed, the less truthful i find someone is being the less open i am to their comedy, talented though they might be.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I love it. You know you look like a joke now, right? Rick Santelli is ON CNBC. How can you not get this through your skull? He actually argued AGAINST Jim Cramer, who was one of the people included in this clip. How can CNBC have gotten it wrong "every step of the way" when they have people on arguing against each other about what's going on? Have you lost your mind?
    You're citing one person versus the footage of pretty much the rest of his co-workers getting it wrong every step of the way. Yeah that redeems the entire station. Just like Jesus dying for the sins of all mankind. Right.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    on a spectrum with one end being "complete falsehoods" and the other end being "complete truths" i, personally, prefer my comedians to tend towards the truth end. of course, comedic effectiveness isn't always 100% compatible with complete truth so it's difficult to expect as much. but, at least for me, that doesn't give comedians the license to spread falsehoods.

indeed, the less truthful i find someone is being the less open i am to their comedy, talented though they might be.
    "If only I'd followed CNBC's advice, I'd have a million dollars today - provided I started with a hundred million dollars." - John Stewart
    Truthful enough for me... AND funny too.

MBTI
    ESFJ

You're citing one person versus the footage of pretty much the rest of his co-workers getting it wrong every step of the way. Yeah that redeems the entire station. Just like Jesus dying for the sins of all mankind. Right.
    OK, let me get this straight: you believe that a two-minute montage edited together for comic value on a TV show accurately represents the opinions and viewpoints of an entire cable channel that employs dozens of on-air personalities and hundreds of journalists and analysts who often argue vehemently with one another? I am starting to doubt that you have ever seen a program on CNBC.

MBTI
    INTP

the government failed in preventing AIG from implementing the described dubious practices. that they were greedy and reckelss isn't being argued. however, expecting people to not be greedy is naive. a negative feedback mechanism in response to their recklessness should have been in place preventing this situation from reaching this point -- that is the governments job which they didn't do.