User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

In a weird sense... we are the Chinese. 60% of Chinese exports are by foreign firms owned by mostly Americans and Europeans. And more than 60% of exports are coming straight to the US.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Check my thread about China and the USD. They aren't laughing, at all :/ . Hillary Clinton had to go there over the weekend and practically beg them to continue buying our treasuries (our debt), and communicating the idea that, "If we fall, you fall." China, mark my words, is very close (perhaps months or less) to the point where it will refuse to buy our debt.
    What makes you think it's months instead of years? No doubt China is moving to a position where they won't need to keep us afloat... but I thought they still have a fair amount of work to do before getting to that point.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    In a weird sense... we are the Chinese. 60% of Chinese exports are by foreign firms owned by mostly Americans and Europeans. And more than 60% of exports are coming straight to the US.
    Don't forget all the people that are buying US infrastructure. This isn't just the Chinese doing it though, in all fairness. The sad part is local and state governments are eating it up because it's helping them make their budgets. They are practically lining up to sell our country away.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What makes you think it's months instead of years? No doubt China is moving to a position where they won't need to keep us afloat... but I thought they still have a fair amount of work to do before getting to that point.
    I have sources that say so. They could be wrong, but I highly highly doubt that they'd take more than a year to cut us off.

MBTI
    INTP

Hillary Clinton is getting criticism for cooperating too much with China as Sec. of State. Her approach sounds smart though.

The U.S. and China are also expected to outline a joint strategy to address global warming and other environmental issues. Mrs. Clinton may announce U.S. funding of green projects in China, such as environmentally friendly buildings, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Mrs. Clinton is expected to build on the Bush administration's foundations in dealing with China. Under President Bush, the U.S. established two formal engagement channels with Beijing -- the "senior dialogue" focused on security issues and a "strategic economic dialogue" led by former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.

Mrs. Clinton has said the Obama administration will seek "a more comprehensive approach" to engaging Beijing, without specifying the issues to be addressed. China analysts said these comments have piqued the interest of Chinese leaders who fear they could signal more U.S. attention to Chinese human rights, Tibet and Beijing's support for dictatorial governments in Myanmar and Sudan.
    Clinton's Overseas Trip Asserts Asia as Priority - WSJ.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Markets were tanking since before Obama became President, about a month ago.

Now he's trying to come out with a plan to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. If he gets anywhere near that, I can definitely see re-election to a 2nd term.
    No Aj. The markets take a dive almost every time Obama, Geitner, Greenspan, Bernanke and the like speak about what they are and aren't going to do with the economy. what they are doing is continually creating uncertainty about what the government will do, and uncertainty about how bad the crisis will get. Thus, when they get up on their podiums the markets immediately fall down. Today the markets are up because Friday/Monday they were distressed over the idea of government nationalizing the banks. Then Obama came out and said he would not completely nationalize them (I don't believe this), so the markets had a small recovery today. Even the mainstream news knows this :/ .

MBTI
    INTP

No Aj. The markets take a dive almost every time Obama, Geitner, Greenspan and the like speak about what they are and aren't going to do with the economy. what they are doing is continually creating uncertainty about what the government will do, and uncertainty about how bad the crisis will get. Thus, when they get up on their podiums the markets immediately fall down. Today the markets are up because Friday/Monday they were distressed over the idea of government nationalizing the banks. Then Obama came out and said he would not completely nationalize them (I don't believe this), so the markets had a small recovery today. Even the mainstream news knows this :/ .
    People like Greenspan played some key roles behind the internet-driven economic success of the 90s. I wouldn't be so quick to be wrong about everything and discount even recent history while exaggerating present news.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

People like Greenspan played some key roles behind the internet-driven economic success of the 90s. I wouldn't be so quick to be wrong about everything and discount even recent history while exaggerating present news.
    I'm not arguing what he did in the 90's, I'm saying these guys are creating uncertainty in the markets and driving them down when they talk. Aside from him being wrong about a great number of things in the past year, the markets aren't tanking because they think he's an idiot, they fall because the ideas he and others now in the government espouse make people say "Oh, this isn't going to be good", and the market goes down. Stay on point.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Now that you have realized this, we are golden .
    Hugs or it's not true.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Hugs or it's not true.