User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

You're using hate as a strong word while I am using it lightly.

Yes it would be ridiculous to hate someone as a person for what they do.

But since the government has slight control over my life, it is easy to extremely dislike someone if I see their policies as negative towards my life.

Wait, what are we talking about? Nevermind.

Risen, I do enjoy your info posts and MBTI-related posts. I was just talking about how I saw you were making these smart remarks in some of the threads. But I guess it is the politics thread and everyone is allowed to make smart remarks or whatever catches their fancy. But yeah I was just tired and annoyed.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post

But I guess it is the politics thread and everyone is allowed to make smart remarks or whatever catches their fancy. But yeah I was just tired and annoyed.
    Now that you have realized this, we are golden . Now lets stop slinging mud like little ajblaise's, and let this thread go back to its intended purpose.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Oh really? I'll come right out and say when I hate somebody. I HATE BARNEY FRANK AND I HATE NANCY PELOSI! They are a bunch of irredeemable crack head children with Progeria. I'm also on the verge of hating Schwarzenegger, but he is mostly guilty of gross incompetence and narcissism, not as bad as the former two.
    I couldn't care less about who you hate or not.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I couldn't care less about who you hate or not.
    Thank you . That's all I wanted.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Obviously the markets know something they don't (the stimulus and out of control spending wont work) considering they just tanked today, with the dow hitting 7,114.78. These little internet polls don't matter, hence why I never use them in any serious argument unless it's in RESPONSE to a poll as an equally asinine rebuttal. I'm not attacking you aj, I'm just saying in general, even if the majority of people do support the stimulus package most people don't pay enough attention to have an informed opinion, polls only reach a limited/skewed number of people, and they don't ever give info that actually matters. Markets matter, the opinions of some internet/newspaper readers... not so much.

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Obviously the markets know something they don't (the stimulus and out of control spending wont work) considering they just tanked today, with the dow hitting 7,114.78. These little internet polls don't matter, hence why I never use them in any serious argument unless it's in RESPONSE to a poll as an equally asinine rebuttal. I'm not attacking you aj, I'm just saying in general, even if the majority of people do support the stimulus package most people don't pay enough attention to have an informed opinion, polls only reach a limited/skewed number of people, and they don't ever give info that actually matters. Markets matter, the opinions of some internet/newspaper readers... not so much.

Bloomberg.com: U.S.
    Markets were tanking since before Obama became President, about a month ago.

Now he's trying to come out with a plan to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. If he gets anywhere near that, I can definitely see re-election to a 2nd term.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." -Alexander Tytler, 1787, commenting about the fall of the democracy in Greece

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm actually interested in his plan for the halving the deficit. That would be a pretty big success if he could do that and hope to turn the economy around with a huge spending bill. I don't like the spending bill very much, nor the avenue and plan of attack, but if it is run and executed intelligently I think it will work. I'm just inherently biased against big government, so I'm skeptical.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." -Alexander Tytler, 1787, commenting about the fall of the democracy in Greece

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
    Alexander Tytler and Benjamin Franklin were around long before the time of what is now modern liberalism. Franklin was more of a classical liberal in the economic sense in his day, before the controversy over antitrust laws and giant US manufacturing monopolies. These days, he might have very well been a modern liberal.