User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Risen is on the ball with this one (even though it's not basketball)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Risen, notice that the bill has zero co-sponsors. Most bills have co-sponsors, so it looks like other Congressmen stayed away from this one. Plus they put it in committee, which looks like they're saying "Don't call us, we'll call you."
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    epic

yes yesyesysyes. beautiful. let's continue to tyrranize ourselves, it's what we do best.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Risen, notice that the bill has zero co-sponsors. Most bills have co-sponsors, so it looks like other Congressmen stayed away from this one. Plus they put it in committee, which looks like they're saying "Don't call us, we'll call you."
    I noticed this as well, Cimmy. I more just wanted the debate of if this were up on the chopping block.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Sure, I think it's a good topic to debate. Weigh the merits of each side.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I noticed this as well, Cimmy. I more just wanted the debate of if this were up on the chopping block.
    Yea, I highly doubt this would go anywhere, it's more like one of those proposals that never grows out the ground to see the light of day. Does anyone remember how in the last presidency, so many people were scared and afraid that Bush would somehow create a war situation or argue that the current situation was too dire for him to leave office. Or some BS like that. I wonder how many people would be hollering about that idea if we replaced Bush for Obama in that scenario...

MBTI
    INxJ

That's ridiculous.

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Yea, I highly doubt this would go anywhere, it's more like one of those proposals that never grows out the ground to see the light of day. Does anyone remember how in the last presidency, so many people were scared and afraid that Bush would somehow create a war situation or argue that the current situation was too dire for him to leave office. Or some BS like that. I wonder how many people would be hollering about that idea if we replaced Bush for Obama in that scenario...
    bush was just a puppet, man. so is obama. (i know you know this, btw)
    banks & corporations supercede government. the war is about economic or resource profit/imperialism. governments lie, but they're being controlled and managed as well. it matters to some degree whose in charge, but in other ways it has very little impact.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Do you think, if any amount of term-limits were allowed for the presidency, that we would ever see an order like this? :

President A
    President A
    President B
    President A
    President C
    President C
    President D
    President E
    President F
    President F
    President F
    President C
    President G
    President H

You get where I'm going. Most people are thinking of the "President-for-Life" scenario, but what about being elected for non-consecutive terms?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    bush was just a puppet, man. so is obama. (i know you know this, btw)
    banks & corporations supercede government. the war is about economic or resource profit/imperialism. government lies, but they're being controlled and managed as well. it matters to some degree whose in charge, but in other ways it has very little impact.
    Yes indeed *sigh* . It reminds me, again, of what Bush supposedly told Glenn Beck when he was able to have an off the record meeting with him. "It doesn't matter who gets in the office to replace me; they will make many of the same decisions, the critical decisions. I believe they will make the same ones because when they get the briefings that I get every day, they will see we have very few options left."

I or most people could only claim to have a general idea, at most, of the information that passes through that oval office. There is always much more going on behind the scenes, much more that the public is not aware of. Whatever information or forces lead them to make the decisions they do, we still have the right and responsibility to speak out when we feel the president is doing wrong, regardless of party or whatever. Even if the presidents act as puppets to someone else, it is still the public/the people/the foundation of this country that has the real power. We need only to exercise it, responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Do you think, if any amount of term-limits were allowed for the presidency, that we would ever see an order like this? :

President A
    President A
    President B
    President A
    President C
    President C
    President D
    President E
    President F
    President F
    President F
    President C
    President G
    President H

You get where I'm going. Most people are thinking of the "President-for-Life" scenario, but what about being elected for non-consecutive terms?
    From what I recall, that rarely ever happened when we didn't have term limits (if at all).