User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 58

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Historians usually rank FDR as the first, second, or third best President in American history. In this survey of polls, no one even ranks him below third best. Historical rankings of United States Presidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Even conservatives give him very high marks: Historical rankings of United States Presidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If Obama could become the next FDR, that'd be great. It would, as in FDR's case, cause Keynesian and liberal policies to become even more popular for years and years.

    And if we have a Civil War over this, and Obama sees the Union to another victory over the Rebs, he could be the next Abraham Lincoln.
    Almost every word within the bounds of that quote box makes me reach for the duct tape and gorilla glue...

  2. #12
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Almost every word within the bounds of that quote box makes me reach for the duct tape and gorilla glue...
    As usual, such a weak response from Risen on politics.

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    As usual, such a weak response from Risen on politics.
    A weak set of arguments and sentiments are deserving of an equally weak response... Aside from that it is obvious to me that you're stuck in a bit of a prism no matter what data presents itself to you. Thus, In a thread that asks for hard data, I'd rather just address the thread with hard data and historical facts than go tit for tat with any particular person or argument.

  4. #14
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Lincoln, FDR, Truman, and Wilson are so outrageously overrated.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #15
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    A weak set of arguments and sentiments are deserving of an equally weak response... Aside from that it is obvious to me that you're stuck in a bit of a prism no matter what data presents itself to you. Thus, In a thread that asks for hard data, I'd rather just address the thread with hard data and historical facts than go tit for tat with any particular person or argument.
    Maybe you thought I was being serious about the Civil War thing? But the data I showed is correct.

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Lincoln, FDR, Truman, and Wilson are so outrageously overrated.
    Oh please don't mention the great progressive Wilson and his 150,000 political prisoners and attacks on free speech in WW1.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Maybe you thought I was being serious about the Civil War thing? But the data I showed is correct.

    Yes, I actually thought you may be serious.

  7. #17
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    My deepest condolences, ygolo, but I know people weren't going to meet your standards for this thread.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #18
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Oh please don't mention the great progressive Wilson and his 150,000 political prisoners and attacks on free speech in WW1.
    Wilson may actually be the worst man to be POTUS ever. He sucked out loud.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  9. #19
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Pure_merc, what's your top 5?

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Wilson may actually be the worst man to be POTUS ever. He sucked out loud.
    The world war presidents get a good review in history because the U.S. did so well, but the limited history people learn about them grossly excludes a vast amount of REAL history about them. Getting that level of information requires that you look for it, which is why most people are so ignorant to it. That is why most people buy the lies about FDR, that say he got us out of the depression and Hoover started it by not doing anything. In reality, Hoover turned into a government interventionist and FDR continued Hoover's policies, extending the length of the depression beyond that of any other countries around the globe who entered a depression around the same time we did. Historians look upon FDR favorably because THEY ARE NOT ECONOMISTS, and because FDR did comfort the country during the crisis. That does not mean, however, that his policies helped.

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Missunderstood and other things.
    By lorkan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2015, 06:40 AM
  2. Macbook Battery And Other Issues
    By Haphazard in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 04:51 PM
  3. [Other] Craigslist (and other) ads?
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 07:46 PM
  4. Abortion, gay rights, and other social issues.
    By Angry Ayrab in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO