User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm not coming out and say "911 is a Conspircy". All I'm saying is that there is a small possibility that the government could of had something to do with it, that we don't know about. Don't be too naive either..I know I don't believe everything I here from the government..it's not like they really care for Americans as much as they say..it's business.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

The government has been building very large holding pens for people. Seventy-some of them around the country. This was kept silent for a long time. The government claims they are for illegal aliens but I'm unclear on why we would want to hold illegals in this country to that extent. Or why the project had to be secretive.

A second explanation has been for "emergencies." It is clear to me that the government is planning for civil unrest.

Among the list of people in the cartoon who never spoke up. A number did. Obviously the CIA, with it's interesting ties to both candidates which ran for the first Bush presidency, wouldn't speak up. They have been behind most of our world problems since the Sixties.

It is possible that what looks like a failed attempt to control people could turn out to be a catalyst for ultimate control.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTJ

The government has been building very large holding pens for people.
    Is this true??

(on topic: I am not a 9/11 conspiracist, neither do I think the gubmint always has the purest interests of the people at heart, though)
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Is this true??

(on topic: I am not a 9/11 conspiracist, neither do I think the gubmint always has the purest interests of the people at heart, though)
    As far as I know the answer is yes.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Is this true??

Google "Federal Emergency Management Camps," Kangirl.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

If by "had something to do with it" means doing nothing about it, then yes that accusation is actually valid. The department of defense and the Hawks That Be have known for years that not only could a hijacked plane be used as an effective weapon, but also that some terrorist groups were considering and planning this option. Yes, they knew this was very possible, but you don't act on what your enemy "might do".... that's poor use of intelligence and decision making against terrorism, or waging war in general. If you shut down everything that an enemy "might" hit, then our lives and freedoms would be over, basically. But obviously this doesnt translate into knowing the specific places/times the hijacks were to take place....

However, some of these "theories" nonetheless suggest a kind of "Kaiser Soze" Motiff of a handfull of people (maybe 1 or 2) entangling a huge web of deceipt and trickery to get the arms of the US Government actually AID in bringing down the towers by placing explosives and what not. However, this again begs the Moral question of humanity that we're supposed to have: How many people does it take knowing about something horrific before one of them comes forward? It's unanswerable.... but I think someone would eventually not be able to live with themselves and start to feed the journalists and key government officials..... it would take a room full of genious psychopaths, with plenty of levers and puttons to push, to pull off such a marvelous feet and not have a conscience about it, but those kind of folk don't "harmonize" or play nice together. So again, the possibility doesn't even solidify in my mind (and I can imagine some crazy shit, too!)

The other 3rd take on this is like, the government found out like, X hours before the attack and just let it happen. While I can see this as SOMEWHAT possible (interesting sidenote here to support this idea: There is some speculation Churchill and/or FDR knew about pearl harbor, just let it happen anyway for political capital), I have a hard time imagining key people in this country's defense not really caring or going "meh, we'll get to go to war now" at the prospect of terrorists slamming commercial aircraft into the world trade center. Uber-insensitive guardian or Rational or not, that's a huge pill to swallow as a professional in goverment..... and while it's sufficient political fuel for a long war, it's also inefficient and not worth it because you could just as easily justify a war with losing a dozen people getting blown up in a fucking motel.... all it takes for justification for war is a Spark (too many historical examples here)

If our government had "anything to do with it", then it was by doing nothing (And/or shooting down that plane over Pennsylvania)

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post

I don't think there was a conspiracy. George Bush was merely, lacking proper brain function.
    Whereas a smarter president would have prevented it from happening?

I'm not averse to a little gratuitous Bush-bashing, but I prefer mine straight-up. I don't think Bush's lack of intellectual capacity contributed to the events of 9/11 any more than Carter's contributed to the Iranian hostage crisis.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Speaking generally here, it's kind of difficult to say that conspiracy theories are "wrong" or "just completely batshit" without 100% proof, and most theorists are shrewd enough not to allow opponents to reach that 100%, sprinkling some proven facts in between. "God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.", to quote a favourite game of mine. That's the principle by which they do their work: They take an unquestioning mind, and bombard that mind with biased and incomplete information, talking fast enough that an indecisive, eager person would eventually succumb to the various "hint, hints" and "nudges" contained within the theory's presentation -- basically feeding on the same sheep they proceed to "blame" the government for creating.
    Not really.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here