User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    XNXP

Supposedly all of these projects involving road and bridge building, health standards upgrades etc. will need to hire people who are now looking for work; but I never seem to see a dime, myself, from these kinds of things - when they've been out there in the past. Like the SBIR money. Ever try actually getting any of that ?
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I used to visit Prison Planet a lot, for entertainment. But I check out WND about every other day. Both are complete jokes.

WND is a little better than Jones, who champions almost every conspiracy theory he learns of.
    And that's what I'm saying. Almost everything is a conspiracy as far as he is concerned, so one is sometimes forced to sift through the actual information and separate it out from his interpretation of it (or at least that's what I do). He brings forth a lot of good and important info, you just have to be smart enough to determine for yourself what that info means.

As far as WND goes, I don't read them much, but I've heard them referenced a lot from other places. In any case, the story didn't come from them anyway, it's all over, as most of my stories are. I just picked them at random, and saw they had some good interviews with senators about the issue.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

The video is finally up in the OP .

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    And that's what I'm saying. Almost everything is a conspiracy as far as he is concerned, so one is sometimes forced to sift through the actual information and separate it out from his interpretation of it (or at least that's what I do). He brings forth a lot of good and important info, you just have to be smart enough to determine for yourself what that info means.

As far as WND goes, I don't read them much, but I've heard them referenced a lot from other places. In any case, the story didn't come from them anyway, it's all over, as most of my stories are. I just picked them at random, and saw they had some good interviews with senators about the issue.
    If it's accurate information you're looking for, why not go straight to an actual news source? Why go to one where you have to sift through garbage just to find something that more legitimate news sources are already covering?

Jones does appeal to some libertarians, and he's Ron Pauls biggest fan. So I can see why he might be appealing to you.

MBTI
    XNXP

Sometimes fringe sites do turn up stuff that is worth looking into further. Often if you take some key words from them ( someone's name and an incident or thing ) and go to Google, you'll find that it was, in fact, covered ( though less sensationally ) by some legit media source, but just never seen by most of us, because it was obscure or foreign.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Sometimes fringe sites do turn up stuff that is worth looking into further. Often if you take some key words from them ( someone's name and an incident or thing ) and go to Google, you'll find that it was, in fact, covered ( though less sensationally ) by some legit media source, but just never seen by most of us, because it was an obscure news source or foreign.
    Yeah he'll sometimes cover something interesting that most wouldn't find otherwise. But, I have my own left-wing fringe media sources for that. And they don't carry on in the cartoonish manner he does.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

ajb... I thought for sure that you are absalutely no intp, but after that last post your definatly intp.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If it's accurate information you're looking for, why not go straight to an actual news source? Why go to one where you have to sift through garbage just to find something that more legitimate news sources are already covering?

Jones does appeal to some libertarians, and he's Ron Pauls biggest fan. So I can see why he might be appealing to you.
    I will go to Alex because he'll pull together news sources and pieces of information. Most of what he says to make his points come from individual news stories and actual documentation. THAT is the information I separate from his interpretation (whether I happen to agree with his interpretation or not). I don't only do that with him, I do that with most commentators. It's the primary information and news that matters most. Interpreting that info and determining how it fits into the big picture is something I prefer to do myself, despite how often I find myself coming to the same conclusions as others like Alex, Glenn Beck, Gerald Celente, etc.

These commentators exist to bring together relevant pieces of information and give their views on that info. It is a very efficient service (depending on the commentator) that is mostly geared toward the people who don't have the time or are not willing to put forth the effort to go through the news and issues of the day on their own and figure out what it means in the grand scheme of things. Of course, almost nobody would be able to go through as much info as they do because it is their job to do so. Still, you always have to be weary of separating out the facts and bare bones info from where the interpretation of it begins. That's why often times I'll initially post news stories without doubling up on the news interpretation, just the news story itself. It's better that people see the info for themselves and use their own mental faculties to determine what it means. Then I'll discuss it from my vantage point, and offer up the opinions of other commentators i trust and agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Sometimes fringe sites do turn up stuff that is worth looking into further. Often if you take some key words from them ( someone's name and an incident or thing ) and go to Google, you'll find that it was, in fact, covered ( though less sensationally ) by some legit media source, but just never seen by most of us, because it was obscure or foreign.
    Precisely. They bring together information and sources that are best further researched independently to get a clear picture of the info itself without being overly colored by the message the "fringe site" is trying to convey.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

George Noory of Coast to Coast ( COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY ) is doing an interview show about this whole subject right now. You should try and listen. Otherwise I'll try to upload it on youtube later in the week.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Here it is. I hope you guys will listen to the show. I'd say it's pretty important. I plan to, for the sake of battling off the nay sayers, take the articles, bills, legislation, etc. (the bare bones facts) that are mentioned in this interview and post them here later in the week.

Joining the show in brief segments were Representatives Matt Shea, Jim Guest, Dan Itse, & Charles Key who described sovereignty efforts in their home states. Shea of Washington state, said they were sending a message, telling the Feds to back off. Jim Guest of Missouri cited the Real I.D. act as being particularly problematic.
    [youtube="pJpLZt1QfVg"]Coast to Coast am - states' rights pt 1[/youtube]

[youtube="GvZt2kZkwZM"]Coast to Coast am - states' rights pt 2[/youtube]

[youtube="rgGDYJMLDG0"]Coast to Coast am - states' rights pt 3[/youtube]

[youtube="7YFZSd4F-mw"]Coast to Coast am - states' rights pt 4[/youtube]

[youtube="jXVW-rNZ1HA"]Coast to Coast am - states' rights pt 5[/youtube]