User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Um, okay. Isn't it generally considered mostly unsafe for someone who hasn't already had children to use an IUD? My mother is a sexual health educator for third world countries and she showed me a study on various birth control methods. There are many pills that work much better for teenagers and can actually regulate their hormones i.e they would have shorter, more manageable periods, their skin clears up. There are even some that deal with the hormonal moodiness that is such a big deal in teenagers.

There are also birth control methods that adjust to your own hormone levels like NuvaRing and you only have to remember to insert and remove it once a month.

I'm just saying, I would rather deal with the ravings of a hormonal teenager on birth control than the ravings of a hormonal teenager who is pregnant.
    No, it is not generally considered unsafe for someone who hasn't had children to use an IUD, as long as her uterus is big enough. And while I agree with you about not wanting to deal with the hormonal ravings of a pregnant teenager, I'd far sooner choose a non-hormonal BC method that doesn't require daily attention over a hormonal one that does. Even the NuvaRing, I'm not confident enough in a teenager who has already proven extreme irresponsibility to be able to properly schedule the 3 weeks on, 1 week off routine. I'd be constantly worried she'd forget to take it out, or forget to put a new one in after the week off. I'm not interested in becoming the BC police.

As for the good hormonal effects of a systemic BC method, most of them can be had with the Mirena (the non-copper IUD) and it only releases hormone locally, not systemically. I'm just really, really not interested in loading my kid up with extra hormones, even if there might be some good effects short-term. Who knows what the long-term effects of that would be?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Supposedly about 8 teenage boys have come forward to say that they had sex with her around the same time and could be the fathers. EIGHT boys! This is gross. I don't even know why/how this happened, considering the girl looks like an ogre.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

^ hahaha.... this is hilarious! You couldn't see this shit on Jerry Springer

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Supposedly about 8 teenage boys have come forward to say that they had sex with her around the same time and could be the fathers. EIGHT boys! This is gross. I don't even know why/how this happened, considering the girl looks like an ogre.
    I hope the police nab those little kiss-and-tell bastards for statutory rape.

Is that how it works?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Wow, this is beautiful.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I hope the police nab those little kiss-and-tell bastards for statutory rape.

Is that how it works?
    Well... I think a good portion of the boys are younger than the girl, so thatd be kinda retarded. Gee, I really don't want to have to call the 15 (?) year old girl a whore... or compare her to the "Great Whore of Babylon". No, I fear that would be tasteless.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

What's happened has happened.
    I just hope the baby does alright given the circumstances.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    I

Yeah I heard about this...

The kid (Alfie) looks like he's 5 years old. The baby is almost as big as him. And the girl looks like his mom. Also, there have been reports that two other boys claimed to be the fathers of the baby. Why you would claim that I don't know. I would just run and get the heck out of there, I wouldn't want the responsibility of a kid, especially at that age.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    First of all, teenagers. Second, trash.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yeah I heard about this...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was uncovered that he's not actually 13. Or that he has some genetic condition. It listed in an article he was almost 4ft tall. I mean, seriously? That isn't normal for a 13 year old boy of any ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was uncovered that he's not actually 13. Or that he has some genetic condition. It listed in an article he was almost 4ft tall. I mean, seriously? That isn't normal for a 13 year old boy of any ethnicity.
    Perhaps nutrition is a factor. I know that adolescence is a critical stage of development, and if these kids are living off of fast food and junk food due to either A) limited income and/or B) irresponsible parenting, it could be a contributor.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke