User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Sheesh. Gotta luv you guys.

Saying that having a chld will alter your life forever is a mild understatement.

My heart hurts when I think of all the help these kids - all three of them - will need and how small their chances are for even a satisfactory outcome.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    You've never been to Houston Tx, have you?
    Edit: [info removed for privacy]

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yes, this is the case entirely. Houston has it near fashionable to be teen pregnant. Captain Falcon has yet to return my calls on correcting this epidemic.
    Oi

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Why is my blog considered a similar thread?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

People need to educate their children better about sex. I think a lot of parents these days hope that kids will somehow educate themselves but teenagers are a) filled with hormones and b) stupid.

EDUCATE YOUR CHILDREN, PLEASE!

MBTI
    infp

Wow, he looks so young. :horor: I'm pretty speechless.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    This is something I'm considering, but these are complicated. If she IS having sex, it's almost like we're saying she's old enough to make that decision (and she's not) and we're protecting her and supporting her with it. Or at least, this is how it may come across to her, instead of us taking precautions for her wreckless behavior.

Also, she may NOT have gone 'all the way'. We're uncertain. Furthermore, my mother takes them just fine, but I have a lot of issues when taking anything with hormones in it, and we're not sure how it'll effect her. I wonder how badly I'll derail the thread with this.
    My sister became sexually active when she was about 16. We talked to her about her decision and then took her to a doctor to discuss her options.

There are so many different kinds of birth control, a doctor can help her find one that won't mess with her hormones too much. I'm sure there's a Planned Parenthood or similar reproductive health clinic near you filled with experts who can provide your sister with scientifically accurate information.

It is ultimately her decision to make. You can make sure she makes an informed and educated decision.

<----went to high school in Houston, TX

I'd laugh, but I'm crying.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    My sister became sexually active when she was about 16. We talked to her about her decision and then took her to a doctor to discuss her options.

There are so many different kinds of birth control, a doctor can help her find one that won't mess with her hormones too much. I'm sure there's a Planned Parenthood or similar reproductive health clinic near you filled with experts who can provide your sister with scientifically accurate information.

It is ultimately her decision to make. You can make sure she makes an informed and educated decision.
    Here is where I differ. I don't think it's her decision yet. If she is active, she'd have been active since late 13 early 14. She didn't start at 16. I don't have anything solid, nor do I think she does this frequently.. but I can't ignore warning flags. It's not her decision yet, she's not old enough for that. She isn't 16. When she starts getting rights, like that of working, driving, etc. then we can talk.. If she is, yes we need to take precautions. But good night.. it's all too much for me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    <----went to high school in Houston, TX

I'd laugh, but I'm crying.
    It's scary how accurate we were.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I just think that if she's going to make the decision anyway (and she is), might as well educate her so she doesn't do something stupid.

I lost my virginity at 13 and in retrospect I was WAY too young. But that didn't stop me from having sex anyway. I'm just glad that my mother explained how condoms worked when I was 11 so that I was just a sexually active 13 year old and not a pregnant 13 year old.