User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Birth control pills work. I'm not sure if that's something your family is against though.
    This is something I'm considering, but these are complicated. If she IS having sex, it's almost like we're saying she's old enough to make that decision (and she's not) and we're protecting her and supporting her with it. Or at least, this is how it may come across to her, instead of us taking precautions for her wreckless behavior.

Also, she may NOT have gone 'all the way'. We're uncertain. Furthermore, my mother takes them just fine, but I have a lot of issues when taking anything with hormones in it, and we're not sure how it'll effect her. I wonder how badly I'll derail the thread with this.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag from British Anti-Abortion shit
    We commend these teenagers for their courage in bringing their child into the world.
    Seriously?!

Im worried about the small parents themselves but there are so much bigger issues here than that. All the things that come with bringing children into a broken household. Population control, government benefits, crime rate, MORE TEEN PREGNANCIES, all this shit just spirals out of control with this stuff. Im not blaming the kids themselves, Im only 21 and have a son with an Ex. Kids make stupid fucking decisions ok.

And I know the parents can only do so much, but it still falls into theirs and their schools hands. Those are the people who bestow them with values and principles. But people like the douchbag above could care less about all that cause "abortion is so fucking evil who cares if 10 year olds haves kids, and their kids grow up as dysfunctional psychopaths who kill other people or just grow up as bums and a strain on the welfare of the nation! As long as we dont kill them in the womb god will forgive us...RIGHT?! RIGHT?!?!?!?!"

:steam::steam::steam::steam::steam:
    SDMF

I grew up around Memphis and there was a girl who was pregnant in my 6th grade class. That would probably make her about 12 or 13? It was with a much older guy. There were a few other pregnant girls in junior high and LOTS in high school. I met a girl in high school, actually, who was pregnant with her third, despite the fact the first two had been born with severe heart abnormalities. She was 18 then and her first was when she was 13.

What always struck me as horrible, and also horrible that most people didn't seem to care, was that the baby's daddy was often times much older, say 19 or 20. I never understood how they didn't get hit for statutory rape.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    This is something I'm considering, but these are complicated. If she IS having sex, it's almost like we're saying she's old enough to make that decision (and she's not) and we're protecting her and supporting her with it. Or at least, this is how it may come across to her, instead of us taking precautions for her wreckless behavior.

Also, she may NOT have gone 'all the way'. We're uncertain. Furthermore, my mother takes them just fine, but I have a lot of issues when taking anything with hormones in it, and we're not sure how it'll effect her. I wonder how badly I'll derail the thread with this.
    I understand where you're coming from. But for me, I know my younger sister is sexually active [she's 20 though, so it's like she's that young] and has been for a while. I've been since I was 16, and however much you'd like there to remain a small element of a fear of consequence if she is active, I don't think it should put one's overall future at risk. Having a baby too early alters and completely changes your life. While it may seem like you'd be encouraging poor behavior, I try to see it as encouraging a wise choice. If she is active at this point, it doesn't really seem likely to change. She has already made the choice when it comes to sex, now I think all you can do is help her make good decisions within that choice.

MBTI
    INxJ

Seriously. Where the heck did you people go to school?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

You've never been to Houston Tx, have you?
    SDMF

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    What always struck me as horrible, and also horrible that most people didn't seem to care, was that the baby's daddy was often times much older, say 19 or 20. I never understood how they didn't get hit for statutory rape.
    We've definitely already had one young man arrested, and if he ever comes near our side of the neighborhood again, it's a definite he's going to jail and worse yet.

I Never EVER understand how people don't think to call the police on these matters. Your child, at 12 or 13, does NOT have rights, and they do not think the way adults do, they just frikken don't. We told they boy to stay away a few times, with little results. Call a cop and get them arrested, they're very quick to change their silly minds. serves them right in the first place, trying to sleep with younger girls.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I understand where you're coming from. But for me, I know my younger sister is sexually active [she's 20 though, so it's like she's that young] and has been for a while. I've been since I was 16, and however much you'd like there to remain a small element of a fear of consequence if she is active, I don't think it should put one's overall future at risk. Having a baby too early alters and completely changes your life. While it may seem like you'd be encouraging poor behavior, I try to see it as encouraging a wise choice. If she is active at this point, it doesn't really seem likely to change. She has already made the choice when it comes to sex, now I think all you can do is help her make good decisions within that choice.
    Yes.. the decision would be easy if she'd just come out and admit to it all. The problem is.. there's the very slim chance she is telling the truth. If she would tell us, we could do things in the proper manner, but otherwise we're stuck guessing right now.

But I don't want to give her birth control if she is telling the truth, and have her think that's a signal to start doing adult things.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Seriously. Where the heck did you people go to school?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    You've never been to Houston Tx, have you?
    Yes, this is the case entirely. Houston has it near fashionable to be teen pregnant. Captain Falcon has yet to return my calls on correcting this epidemic.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

Yes, this is the case entirely. Houston has it near fashionable to be teen pregnant. Captain Falcon has yet to return my calls on correcting this epidemic.
    Start greasing your stairwells, perhaps?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^