User Tag List

First 123 Last

This is an interesting thread idea. I was thinking the same thing. Could we take the whole type dynamics further in explaining some of these things.

Whether it is possible is dependent on how type develops. I'm guessing the make up of humans throughout the world is pretty similar. But is type genetic, environmental, etc. When and how does it get defined, and could living in a different place change the distribution?

Another option is environmental and social situation moves different types to the top in different countries. And the way that affects the public opinion and customs in that country causes people from that country to seem more like those types.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Manhattan and Pasadena are not exactly America.
    Experience is gold.
    also lived around dc and have traveled a good 2/3s of the states, from washington to texas to florida to pennsylvania to idaho to ... never drove from coast to coast, but I racked up tens of thousands of interstate travel in my youth. I hope that experience is shiny enough for you.

What exactly is america for you?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    also lived around dc and have traveled a good 2/3s of the states, from washington to texas to florida to pennsylvania to idaho to ... never drove from coast to coast, but I racked up tens of thousands of interstate travel in my youth. I hope that experience is shiny enough for you.

What exactly is america for you?
    Oh boy, you have travelled a lot. I wish I had made such extensive travels! But nope, I have never been to America.
    I see America as a dynamic, extraverted, immigrant, predominantly European culture.
    My great aunts Martha and Fanny and Jenny emigrated to America nearly a hundred years ago. Martha married a Finn, and never learned English. Fanny married a Dane in Concort, Mass. She spoke Swedish, so she had a common language with the husband from the start. And she picked up English very quickly. Jenny played poker and made a fortune in Brooklin, New York.
    Now they do not accept us Europeans in America any more. What a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    This is an interesting thread idea. I was thinking the same thing. Could we take the whole type dynamics further in explaining some of these things.

Whether it is possible is dependent on how type develops. I'm guessing the make up of humans throughout the world is pretty similar. But is type genetic, environmental, etc. When and how does it get defined, and could living in a different place change the distribution?

Another option is environmental and social situation moves different types to the top in different countries. And the way that affects the public opinion and customs in that country causes people from that country to seem more like those types.
    I think it's a matter of genetics. You know, different ethnics have different complexion, different eyes, different hair... different temperament, different personality, different MBTI type

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    I think it's a matter of genetics. You know, different ethnics have different complexion, different eyes, different hair... different temperament, different personality, different MBTI type
    No. Around the world you simply find people with different superficial physical characteristics. They might have been specifically useful thousands and thousands of years ago, but local environments are nto as challenging as they once were.

Innovation, intolerance, enlightenment all manifest in every society. The only varying factors I see are relative levels of wealth, population density, dogma, etc which shape the potentials of a given society. An inventive entp in a wealthy society might come up with a new car, whereas one in an extremely poor society might come up with a improved way of attaching a cart to livestock. Swap the 2 and they would probably come up with similar ideas. Wealthy societies around the world have relative levels of technical innovation. The styles change, but every society has its comparable music and arts. etc, etc, etc.

No. Around the world you simply find people with different superficial physical characteristics. They might have been specifically useful thousands and thousands of years ago, but local environments are nto as challenging as they once were.

Physical characteristics are bond to physiological characteristics, and the brain physiology will affect personality.

The styles change, but every society has its comparable music and arts. etc, etc, etc.
    So ok, you want to tell me that 1000AD Aztec and Japanese cultures were analogous? Yes, they both had art and culture and cities and songs. But the approach was pretty different.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Physical characteristics are bond to physiological characteristics, and the brain physiology will affect personality.

So ok, you want to tell me that 1000AD Aztec and Japanese cultures were analogous? Yes, they both had art and culture and cities and songs. But the approach was pretty different.
    I dont believe brain physiology differs amongst humans the way external characteristics do. you might as well say that different nationalities and races have varying capacities of intelligence, and my personal experiences disagre with that train of thought.

I would say that 1000 ad and 1000 bc cultures are analogous up until the regional restrictions shape individuality, not temperament distribution.

I dont believe brain physiology differs amongst humans the way external characteristics do. you might as well say that different nationalities and races have varying capacities of intelligence, and my personal experiences disagre with that train of thought.

I would say that 1000 ad and 1000 bc cultures are analogous up until the regional restrictions shape individuality, not temperament distribution.
    Ok, we won't agree on this topic, that is.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

No comments.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Here's my theory, I think landscapes and natural resources available can shape personality distributions. Or rather did.
    If you lived in a fairly resource rich, and predator free landscape, you could afford to go off by yourself, and not be part of the herd.
    However, if you lived in a resource poor landscape, and predators were more prevalent then working together would be a greater advantage.
    You can extrapolate this theory to encompass function preference development as well.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]