User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Pedophiles don't deserve to live, one time offense or not. The rest is up for interpretation.
    I would agree with you that it is in society's best interest to just execute sex offenders. Although, like YLJ, I would want more substantial burden of proof before execution than a criminal trial. One of the biggest reasons for my stance is that sex offenders were often sexually abused as children, themselves. It's a cycle that needs to be broken.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I would agree with you that it is in society's best interest to just execute sex offenders. Although, like YLJ, I would want more substantial burden of proof before execution than a criminal trial. One of the biggest reasons for my stance is that sex offenders were often sexually abused as children, themselves. It's a cycle that needs to be broken.
    So you propose to break the cycle by killing people for being victims of childhood sexual abuse?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    So you propose to break the cycle by killing people for being victims of childhood sexual abuse?
    That's not what I said, but you know that.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

That's not what I said, but you know that.
    LOL ya got me. Seriously though how do we break that cycle?

MBTI
    ISFJ

This is a poor comparison. Do you understand why?
    Not really. Because the man is going to need to use his hands for more than just stabbing?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The chemical castration does result in a large removal of sex drive itself. So yes, that helps remove the intensity of the desire.

But the behavior and underlying psychological framework is still in place. Sometimes people go through the motions of things that they no longer feel, because it's a pattern of behavior that they established and ingrained for a long period of time.

The other problem with meds (including chemical castration) is that they wear off. How do you get a person to take meds on a regular cycle if they don't want to? Obviously the program would need lots of oversight. The drive will come back very quickly once someone goes off meds, even if the lack of T has left them sterile. And the drive is the issue in people's minds here as a motivating force.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

serves them right. i like that. hopefully they won't punish the wrong guy.

MBTI
    INTP

i think this is entirely reasonable seeing as how they have a choice in the matter... two choices actually. the first was whether or not to commit the original act and the second is between long-term imprisonment or castration.

i'd be interested to see how this affects the sexual offense numbers in the czech republic.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

NTJ ruthlessness aside, the ends don't always justify the means. Totally removing all civil rights and creating a totalitarian police state would reduce the rates of all crimes; that doesn't make it a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Yeah. Start a thread if you like, Booya (I'll participate!), but that specific topic is going to derail this thread big time if we get into it here.
    And if there's one thing we absolutely must avoid at all costs, it's people having to spend an extra 10 seconds scrolling through unrelated posts. Armageddon would ensue.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    As long as it can be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is a crime they committed and not sex with consent... Then yeah... And in the case of pedophiles, torture them to death. But it's got to be proven.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    i'd be interested to see how this affects the sexual offense numbers in the czech republic.
    +1
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.