User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

AJ - How about chemical castration?

Don't forget that the motivation in rape is not sexual gratification but rather expression of rage and attempt to control.
    I do not agree with this piece of dogma AT ALL. But, this isn't the thread to debate it and I respect those who disagree. If someone wants to discuss it elsewhere, I will. If not, best not drag this thread off topic, I s'pose.

The procedure is being performed even on first-time, non-violent offenders, such as exhibitionists, its investigation revealed...

And it warned that some "significantly" mentally retarded people had been castrated. "In at least five cases, legally incapacitated offenders were surgically castrated," the report said. "In all of these instances, the court-appointed guardian had signed the consent form; in two cases, the guardians were mayors."
    This is completely f*cked. All kinds of wrong going on here.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    AJ - How about chemical castration?

I do not agree with this piece of dogma AT ALL. But, this isn't the thread to debate it and I respect those who disagree. If someone wants to discuss it elsewhere, I will. If not, best not drag this thread off topic, I s'pose.

This is completely f*cked. All kinds of wrong going on here.
    I never thought it was all about control, with no sexual aspect. If sexual gratification had nothing to do with it, these people would just as easily be out committing other sorts of crimes that exert power over others that have nothing to do with sex.

And yeah I wouldn't support it being used as blanket solution. There's all kinds of exceptions.

MBTI
    ENTJ

My comment on the "dogma" was in response to Anja, Aj - sorry for being a confusing eedjit.

MBTI
    INFP

In response to Iwakar.

There are three levels of sex offenders in the US, Level 3 being the most severe. Behaviors such as exhibitionism and voyeurism may remain just that, Level 1. But in some offenders they are the beginning indications of development of sexual sadism.

It sounds as though the Czech govt. intends to identify Level 3s and, uh, nip them in the bud, so to speak. That is a scary thought, indeed.

Edit: The problem in the US, as I see it, is that it is the legislation and legal systems which are attempting to solve a social problem with psychological implications without getting proper input from that field. Proper being the key word.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Kangirl. Don't forget that the motivation in rape is not sexual gratification but rather expression of rage and attempt to control.
    I think this old idea is bullshit. It's entirely possible for there to be a morally deplorable act with a worthwhile motivation. What makes it deplorable is not the motivation, it's the method of acquisition.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFP

I'll follow Kangirl's good idea of not derailng the thread.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah. Start a thread if you like, Booya (I'll participate!), but that specific topic is going to derail this thread big time if we get into it here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    As long as it can be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is a crime they committed and not sex with consent... Then yeah... And in the case of pedophiles, torture them to death. But it's got to be proven.

And no, I don't believe in rehabilitation. I'm a fascist when it comes to punishments.
    Seconded!
    SDMF

MBTI
    INxJ

Surgical removal of the testes is a good method for criminals that fall under the medical definition of pedophilia, or repeat rape and minor molestation offenders. If the criminals continue, even after the testosterone has been removed, they should be put to death.

Chemical castration should only be available to first time violators, even then, only non-pedophiles. Depo shots only work for as long as the criminal takes them. I read a report where the depo shot was stopped after 10 years or so, and the criminal went back out and brutally raped and murdered a 6 year old.

Pedophiles don't deserve to live, one time offense or not. The rest is up for interpretation.

MBTI
    INFP

Chemical treatment or surgery is again the latest trend and numerous medical studies have been generated in the past couple of years as the rate of sexual offenses continues to rise.

I've noticed that it's particularly popular among female populations and especially the feminist folks.

The backlash to the feminist movement has been the inevitable revisionistic social Darwinism argument referred to above (Edit: my assumption here,) that rape is inherent in the human psyche which is largely favored by males for obvious reasons.

I view this as the inevitable backlash of society's failure to decrease the incidence of sexual abuse by treatment. But misguided, nonetheless, because of a failure to take into consideration the psychological formation of sex offenders.

I have some ideas why society as a whole would prefer the expedient method. And it probably, considering the present scope of the problem, is a good idea. Certainly should save a few bucks.

The pendulum swings as expected and we, hopeful humans which we are, will swing along with it.