User Tag List

First 456

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I found this at random on youtube. An interview Glenn Beck did with Peter Schiff and Michael Panzner in SEPTEMBER 2007. It's amazing how how far we've come in the crazy crap that so many people said was crazy and would never happen. This interview could've been done today, almost 2 years later. Suffice to say, Glenn beck has been saying these things for a number of years before it all came to a head.

[youtube="HTkPYnNmOBM"]Glenn Beck collapse prediction[/youtube]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

An interview with data analyst Zimmerman-

[youtube="mTDEdVduFuU"]Zimmerman[/youtube]

$634 BILLION for the expansion of healthcare. Oh buddy...

And in some completely unrelated stories (sarcasm).-

DRUDGE REPORT: MURDOCH WARNS NATIONS WILL BE REDEFINED 2009

MURDOCH WARNS: NATIONS WILL BE REDEFINED, FUTURES ALTERED
    Tue Feb 24 2009 08:36:39 ET

Media baron Rupert Murdoch issued an urgent internal communication late Monday, warning his staff: "We are in the midst of a phase of history in which nations will be redefined and their futures fundamentally altered."

MORE

The dramatic call comes as markets continue their plunge and the future of media becomes increasingly muddled.

"Many people will be under extreme pressure and many companies mortally wounded," Murdoch declared.

"Our competitors will be sorely tempted to take the easy beat, to reduce quality in the search for immediate dividends."

He continued: "Let me be very clear about our company: where others might step back from their commitment to their viewers, their users, readers and customers – we will renew ours.

"The direction of the business now and over the next few years will define the character of our company for decades."

Developing...

Soros sees no bottom for world financial "collapse"

Soros sees no bottom for world financial "collapse"

Sat Feb 21, 4:19 pm ET
    George Soros listens to economists speaking at the Reuters – George Soros listens to economists speaking at the 'Emerging from the Financial Crisis' annual conference …

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Renowned investor George Soros said on Friday the world financial system has effectively disintegrated, adding that there is yet no prospect of a near-term resolution to the crisis.

Soros said the turbulence is actually more severe than during the Great Depression, comparing the current situation to the demise of the Soviet Union.

He said the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers in September marked a turning point in the functioning of the market system.

[B]"We witnessed the collapse of the financial system," Soros said at a Columbia University dinner. "It was placed on life support, and it's still on life support. There's no sign that we are anywhere near a bottom."
    [B]
    His comments echoed those made earlier at the same conference by Paul Volcker, a former Federal Reserve chairman who is now a top adviser to President Barack Obama.

Volcker said industrial production around the world was declining even more rapidly than in the United States, which is itself under severe strain.

"I don't remember any time, maybe even in the Great Depression, when things went down quite so fast, quite so uniformly around the world," Volcker said.

(Reporting by Pedro Nicolaci da Costa and Juan Lagorio; Editing by Gary Hill)
    Add to that a little speech by Ron Paul-

[youtube="xsQ7BByIBxM"]Ron Paul supporting bubble WILL FAIL[/youtube]
    Congressman Ron Paul again took the opportunity to lecture Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke on sound money principles at this morning’s House Financial Services Committee hearing, warning that the financial crisis cannot be solved by merely creating credit out of thin air.

Paul said that yesterday’s record consumer confidence slump was a reflection of monetary policy in Washington and that it was impossible to patch up a failed system.

“This is the end of an era,” said the Congressman, “we can’t reinflate the bubble….if we think that we can reinflate this bubble by artificially creating credit out of thin air and calling it capital, believe me we don’t have a prayer of solving these problems - we have a total misunderstanding of what credit is versus capital.”

Paul stressed that capital could not be created out of thin air by the Federal Reserve. “We have to work hard, produce, live within our means and what is left over is called capital,” said Paul, dismissing the notion of recapitalizing markets by turning on the printing presses as a “total fallacy”.

The Texas Congressman said that central bankers were only falling forward in creating another new system doomed to crash by creating internationalized regulations and giving up on the dollar standard.

“We have to have a system that encourages people to work and to save - what are we doing now - we’re telling consumers to spend and continue the process - it won’t work,” concluded Paul.
    Last edited by Risen; 03-01-2009 at 12:13 AM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Plus one more spin for Ron Paul. Ron Paul vs. Bernank. He is on the ball...

[youtube="usiFU3FEv9w"]Rone Paul vs. Bernanke[/youtube]

I am posting this is the search for comments.

Govenor of Croatian central bank receives the reward

Croatian central bank is equivalent of FED in the US.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

An interview with economist and author Harry Dent about the economy and depression. He predicted the coming depression well before the recession started. He thinks much along the lines of Walter Zimmerman who I posted about in another thread ( http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...apitalism.html ), although I think Zimmerman is more accurate. He also believes we will see a rally this year, which will be proceeded by a deeper crash later this year or early next year. In other words, if we see the markets rally up super fast, he advises that you pull out at that point because it's going to crash down just as fast.

*I did not record this video*

[youtube="lEh9x9PKdDo"]Harry Dent 1[/youtube]

[youtube="2jqrmSrm5tY"]Harry Dent 2[/youtube]