User Tag List

View Poll Results: Well?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an N and Liberal

    19 41.30%
  • I'm an N and Conservative

    6 13.04%
  • I'm an S and Liberal

    7 15.22%
  • I'm an S and Conservative

    1 2.17%
  • I am neither Conservative or Liberal, but a different party

    9 19.57%
  • I don't care about politics

    4 8.70%
First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 55

  1. #41
    Member hjomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Could anyone explain why intuitives are supposedly more liberal? Is this because they like change and can see change? But why, if I may ask, does this mean they like change in a modernistic kinda way? Why, for example, can't they be conservative and point back to the great political philosophers of past day? I don't doubt the fact that present-day government is very different than the political philosophy of the past? In other words, isn't past in a way also change from what we have now? Why can't we embrace concepts past political philosophers have suggested?

    I'm not saying I do what I just wrote above. I'm just wondering what your take is on this?

  2. #42
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hjomn View Post
    Could anyone explain why intuitives are supposedly more liberal? Is this because they like change and can see change? But why, if I may ask, does this mean they like change in a modernistic kinda way? Why, for example, can't they be conservative and point back to the great political philosophers of past day? I don't doubt the fact that present-day government is very different than the political philosophy of the past? In other words, isn't past in a way also change from what we have now? Why can't we embrace concepts past political philosophers have suggested?

    I'm not saying I do what I just wrote above. I'm just wondering what your take is on this?
    That would pretty much make us reactionary conservatives. I wont lie, my views are in step with the stance that we need to go back to the core principles this nation was founded upon. Our deviation from them is quite obviously hurting us. Modern conservatism (not republicanism), when expressed properly and actually upheld (not politicians in Washington) is closer to those principles than any other, hence why I align myself with conservatives.

  3. #43
    The Destroyer Colors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...o-you-sit.html

    Basically:
    Social: Left-__SJ-SP--NT-NF___________________________-Right

    Fiscal: Left-____________NF___SJ-NT_____SP____________-Right
    Last edited by Colors; 02-07-2009 at 05:03 AM.

  4. #44
    Member hjomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    That would pretty much make us reactionary conservatives. I wont lie, my views are in step with the stance that we need to go back to the core principles this nation was founded upon. Our deviation from them is quite obviously hurting us. Modern conservatism (not republicanism), when expressed properly and actually upheld (not politicians in Washington) is closer to those principles than any other, hence why I align myself with conservatives.
    Exactly, Risen!! That's what I'm trying to get to! I'm not American, but I've lived in America for a few years back in the days, so I see where you're getting at with the core principles you're talking about. I'm totally allergic to the neo-conservatism advertised by Dick Cheney and co., but 'real' conservatism, also fiscally, is a rare thing these days, I'm afraid. At the moment, I'm far from enthusiastic about the 'conservative' section of the US. I'm socially conservative and Republican-minded, but we shouldn't be ignorant about things and it hurts me when I see the Democrats are the so-called 'intellectual' party. Why is intellect so often synonymous with liberalism? I wonder?

  5. #45
    78% me Eruca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    941

    Default

    I seem to be on the liberal side on most issues.

    But I also believe people who listen to their music too loud on buses should be stoned to death.

    What does this make me?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

  6. #46
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hjomn View Post
    Exactly, Risen!! That's what I'm trying to get to! I'm not American, but I've lived in America for a few years back in the days, so I see where you're getting at with the core principles you're talking about. I'm totally allergic to the neo-conservatism advertised by Dick Cheney and co., but 'real' conservatism, also fiscally, is a rare thing these days, I'm afraid. At the moment, I'm far from enthusiastic about the 'conservative' section of the US. I'm socially conservative and Republican-minded, but we shouldn't be ignorant about things and it hurts me when I see the Democrats are the so-called 'intellectual' party. Why is intellect so often synonymous with liberalism? I wonder?
    Because of the damn progressive era. The harbinger for the vast majority of changes that have shifted us away from our central principles. The progressives and "intellectuals" among them were always supportive of the socialists and communists. The turn of the century was the beginning of a new era, a time when generations (again) wanted to reinvent the wheel. This attitude spread around the globe, hence why we had the birth of many new socialist regimes. Unfortunately, their plans were far inferior to what was made before them in the U.S..

  7. #47
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    So are liberal N...if anything, I'd expect conservatives of both S and N to stay away more (mainly because they tend to be older). I can't see why the proportion of conservative Ns here would be higher than in the general population, though the proportion of liberal S's probably is.

    Unless you mean this poll, specifically, and not the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    How? If conservative S's are not likely to post here (which I don't think is true), then why would conservative N's be MORE likely to post here? I don't get it.
    Actually it is quite simple.


    The thing is that N people are more likely to get interested in psychology then S people. That is probably the main reason why we ahve deficit of sensors here. Also it is somewhat more likely that liberal person will be the one who will be interested in psychology and post here.

    So you end of with a "fact" that conservative S is the most likely group that is not interested in this. What the poll actually shows.
    If the poll is correct technically category "conservative sensor" does not exist. I think that we all know that this is not the truth.

    The reason why I said that this is not a good idea is because the population of this forum does not represent ratio(s) in reality.
    Only thing you can see is in which category some member belongs.

  8. #48
    / booyalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    I'm an S who appreciates that the Democrats' core ideas haven't changed for the past 40+ years.
    I don't wanna!

  9. #49
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I'm an S who appreciates that the Democrats' core ideas haven't changed for the past 40+ years.
    At least they have ideas. The last time a Republican had an idea, they gave him an exorcism. He's never been the same.

  10. #50
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    At least they have ideas. The last time a Republican had an idea, they gave him an exorcism. He's never been the same.
    Barry Goldwater had ideas, but Americans voted in LBJ, the Dubya of the 1950s and 1960s.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. How did you get the politics you did
    By Zergling in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-21-2016, 06:06 PM
  2. Political discussion Vs. Morality
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 02:07 PM
  3. Politics eschew? The Perfect vs. The Real
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 06:59 PM
  4. Political Party?
    By wyrdsister in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 08:09 PM
  5. Nature vs Nurture - Political philosphy...
    By Xander in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 06:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO