User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Obama has certainly changed my life in further confirming the wisdom of the Prophet Isaiah who warned about the dangers of placing faith in earthly princes as opposed to properly placing ones faith in God.

As the true Messiah, Jesus Christ, made clear, "My kingdom is not of this world."(John 18:36)
    So so right. The founding fathers knew this very well and warned against such a departure from the faith in and laws of "a" God, and yet this nation has still fallen into the deadly trap.

How has Obama changed me? Obama has motivated me more than ever to be informed and get involved wherever I can with like minded organizations who believe this runaway disease of progressivism needs to be stunted, lest we lose everything this nation was founded upon.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    this runaway disease of progressivism needs to be stunted
    Yeah man. Progress is bad, mkay?
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Yeah man. Progress is bad, mkay?
    Yeah actually it is when you treat it as an abstract concept. The begged question is always progress towards what?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Yeah actually it is when you treat it as an abstract concept. The begged question is always progress towards what?
    And more importantly, by what means? Historically, it's something progressives have cared little about so long as the end is met.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    And more importantly, by what means? Historically, it's something progressives have cared little about so long as the end is met.
    "My attitude toward progress has passed from antagonism to boredom. I have long ceased to argue with people who prefer Thursday to Wednesday because it is Thursday."
    --GK Chesterton

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I kind of hate this thread because I think that this sentiment about Obama is creepy. But all the hating up there kind of makes me want to talk about Obama's inspirational and kind eyes.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sniffles

Yes it is creepy how our political leaders have now achieved religious status, when before it was just celebrity status. We had to endure eight years of W's followers telling us he was a Biblical prophet appointed by God. That's bad enough. Now we have to endure Obama's supporters telling us he's the Messiah himself. That's worse.

Obama's rhetoric and the enthuasism of his followers show many of the characteristics of an Ersatz religion; which are built upon a general sense of dissatisfaction with the world along with the notion that it should be recreated to suit man's desires through a prescribed program, thus achieveing salvation within this realm rather than the next.

That's a very dangerous notion, and that's my main concern.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I kind of hate this thread because I think that this sentiment about Obama is creepy. But all the hating up there kind of makes me want to talk about Obama's inspirational and kind eyes.
    That was the point.

The man has been president for less than a month. Already, people are talking about how much better and/or worse everything is.

We've still got 3 years and 351 days to go, people. Why don't we save the verdict for after the trial, hm?

And for the record:
    We had to endure eight years of W's followers telling us he was a Biblical prophet appointed by God. That's bad enough.
    I have heard people say that with a straight face.
    Now we have to endure Obama's supporters telling us he's the Messiah himself. That's worse.
    This, not so much.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

ByMySword

I think anytime a man becomes more than a man, then its a bad fortelling.

Obama has become a symbol and ran somewhat on a symbolic platform. Its politically ingenious and I think it won the election for him.

Now I'm not comparing these with Obama, but thats exactly what some of the most tyrannical rulers have done in the past. Hitler with Germany, Stalin with the USSR, etc.

In order to avoid the fate of these nations, I think we need to remember people for what they are.........human, and therefore, flawed. I don't care how much you like them or agree with their political/religious/philisophical ideology.

I don't condone hero worship. In fact, I go so far as to say that it downright scares me.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    I think anytime a man becomes more than a man, then its a bad sign.

Obama has become a symbol and ran somewhat on a symbolic platform.

I'm not comparing, but thats exactly what some of the most tyrannical rulers have done in the past. Hitler, Stalin, etc.

I think we need to remember men for what they are.........human, and therefore, flawed.
    Lincoln, Washington, Adams etc.. all became symbolic and practically legendary, even while they were alive. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

If a politician can become popular within a democracy, they've earned it. A popular fascist is a completely different story.