Socionics
    fuck

Only a white male would say that.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

He removed Bush from the blunt of jokes by us Canadians... blah!

Other than that, I'm in agreement with Thursday. We'll see if he wins or busts.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    You and I are on the exact opposite side of the spectrum, now aren't we? LOL.
    Of course we are, because you believe the propaganda that workplace discrimination is rampant. You're fed statistics like "women are paid 77% of what men are paid" and you eat it up, despite the illegitimacy of those statistics.

"Equal pay is by no means just a women's issue, it's a family issue," Obama said. "And in this economy, when so many folks are already working harder for less and struggling to get by, the last thing they can afford is losing part of each month's paycheck to simple and plain discrimination."
    This statement is so...so...obtuse. It sounds good to people who don't think. You know what the final result will be? Fewer jobs. Companies don't have an endless supply of money.

If an employee sues and wins, that's less money to pay everyone else. People will lose jobs.

If an employee sues and loses, that's still less money to pay everyone else. People will lose jobs.

Lawyers win.

I actually don't really have a problem with the law itself. What I have a problem with is peoples' flawed perception of the issue.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think we actually don't know how the issue really stands, currently.

We might never know. Statistics can only show so much...

It's more symbolic to me, than anything else.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think we actually don't know how the issue really stands, currently.

We might never know. Statistics can only show so much...
    When you compare equivalent groups of men and women, their pay is equal (and sometimes actually greater for women). The problem with most statistics is that they don't account for the fact that women have uteruses (uteri?). The issue is biological, not social. I won't go into any more detail here because there's another thread where I did all this work already (and I'm too lazy to look for it).

It's more symbolic to me, than anything else.
    That's where Obama excels.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    When you compare equivalent groups of men and women, their pay is the same (and sometimes actually greater for women). The problem with most statistics is that they don't account for the fact that women have uteruses (uteri?). The issue is biological, not social. I won't go into any more detail here because there's another thread where I did all this work already (and I'm too lazy to look for it).
    Ah, yes. I've heard this. I'm not sure if I buy it, yet. I've seen too many statistics, and the opposite side.

That's where Obama excels.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Stop the Presses! FemmeUrbane doesn't buy it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Stop the Presses! FemmeUrbane doesn't buy it!
    Awww, leave her alone. She's one of the few Obama supporters I really like . One of these days I'll get her to see the light .

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Ah, yes. I've heard this. I'm not sure if I buy it, yet. I've seen too many statistics, and the opposite side.
    If you want a great analysis of the issue, read Economic Facts and Fallacies by Thomas Sowell.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Obama has changed my life in the sense that I feel confident that we actually have a very intelligent person as President. Even if I don't agree with what he does, I know he will have reasons for doing what he does- reasons that I can understand. I am happy that we have a man with a high IQ as President.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx