First 2345614 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This thread is moronic.
    Hey now, act like that, and you might have to ban yourself based on your new, higher forum standards.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Hey now, act like that, and you might have to ban yourself based on your new, higher forum standards.
    Maybe, but I'd have to call you moronic as well.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Maybe, but I'd have to call you moronic as well.
    Ah, so there's a rule of twos, huh?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I remember that you were a skeptic about climate change. However I am curious about why did you soften your position when it comes to this topic.
    If you don't mind telling.
    Because I was skeptical I decided to take an AP environmental science course and came to realize the extensive nature of evidence in favor of the climate change theory.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    In other words, she advocates reducing the population/population growth in the lower tiers of U.S. classes as a way of saving us money.
    Well, aside from the fact that, no she does not wish to lower the population of the lower classes:

Okay. And?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Well, aside from the fact that, no she does not wish to lower the population of the lower classes:

Okay. And?
    She said she said she wants to use government funds to deliver contraception to communities to "stimulate the economy", presumably in lower income communities that "can't afford it" (Bull shit). That is, in case you don't understand, advocating that those communities lower their birth rates to save the government money. If I'm wrong, then you tell me what she meant.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    She said she said she wants to use government funds to deliver contraception to communities to "stimulate the economy", presumably in lower income communities that "can't afford it" (Bull shit). That is, in case you don't understand, advocating that those communities lower their birth rates to save the government money. If I'm wrong, then you tell me what she meant.
    Typically, families with fewer children cost themselves less money, resulting in a higher disposable income and an increased ability (and probability) to save money.

And, yeah, it saves the government money too.

[EDIT]That said, I feel that if we're going to spend money to get people to use contraception, we should inform first, while making it easy to get.[/EDIT]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Has anybody else realized that one of the conditions which causes stagnation and decline of nations and economies is a falling birth rate? Many people think that having more children will cost them more money. This is correct in the short term. If one counts the monetary and temporal investment required to parent each child, they will find parenting to be a quite expensive proposition.

That having been said, in the long term, having more children will lead to greater financial prosperity. Firstly, after the parent retires, they can find themselves in a situation where they need support from their family. If the family is larger, then this support becomes much easier because of the division of responsibility. Secondly, the increased population provides a larger workforce, stimulating the local economy. These people will be able to go and work and spend the money that they have earned. Having less people to engage in earning and spending money slows the economy. Thirdly, the use of government funds for the purchase and distribution of contraceptives anywhere is a stupid concept from the get-go. A large base of low-income workers has been at the heart of every great civilization in history. The downfall of each empire has had a close connection with either divisive nationalism, military defeat, or the establishment of a welfare state. This is a step towards the welfare state. If these people cannot restrain themselves from reproducing beyond their financial constraints, then sex could be seen a an incentive for success, for when they find themselves in a higher paying position, then they can afford to have more children. Either way, taxpayer dollars should not be covering the cost of birth control. If these people feel they need birth control, they need to figure out for themselves whether the risk of additional offspring or a constant supply of condoms will be more costly.

And, despite the fact that it had no bearing on my opinion, I'll mention that I'm not a fan of Nancy Pelosi.
    Dare to reinvent the wheel.. Let's start with a sphere.

[Your witty comment here]
    .._.._.......__.
    ./.|/.|..().|[])
    / /|/||.||.|[])
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mibnelius View Post
    If these people cannot restrain themselves from reproducing beyond their financial constraints, then sex could be seen a an incentive for success, for when they find themselves in a higher paying position, then they can afford to have more children.
    Higher paying jobs usually require higher education. Children and education have something in common in that they both require time-- a lot of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibnelius View Post
    Either way, taxpayer dollars should not be covering the cost of birth control. If these people feel they need birth control, they need to figure out for themselves whether the risk of additional offspring or a constant supply of condoms will be more costly.
    Clearly that's not happening.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Oh, to live in the era of the benevolent despots. Perhaps I do like Obama after all.