User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 142

  1. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I'm getting quite tired of this "the population is too big" fallacy. It's almost as bad as global warming, which isn't surprising since both of these ideas stem from the same environmentalist excrement.
    ...

    "I'm getting quite tired of this 'evolution driven by natural selection' fallacy. It's almost as bad as the Big Bang 'theory', which isn't surprising since both of these ideas stem from the same God-hating atheist excrement."

  2. #132
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    This...

    Based on what I know, the problems here with being "overpayed" and jobs going oversees has a lot to do with the fact that this nation has the highest business taxes in the world, and the fact that our worker unions are like parasites that suck the blood (money) out of American companies. Businesses contract workers oversees so they can avoid the high costs of having workers in the U.S., from the high taxes and other gov regulations on business. In addition, their workers wont be part of any unions. It's a win win for business since they can avoid all the hassles, but it bites Americans in the ass. One solution would be to simply deregulate and lower taxes on our businesses so they wont have the strong incentive to ship jobs oversees. However, this wont solve the monstrous union problem. Companies like GM would STILL be paying their assembly line workers $80 an hour (over twice what other auto makers have to pay their workers) because of the parasitic unions and their contracts.
    If this is all else there is to it, then I'm not inclined to agree with your argument. Why do foreign companies, especially car companies, have plants and employ workers in the United States, then? Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, BMW, etc.
    Last edited by Brendan; 02-07-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Grammar
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  3. #133
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    If this is all else there is to it, then I'm not inclined to agree with your argument. Why do foreign companies, especially car companies, have plants and employ workers in the United States, then? Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, BMW.
    They didn't sign atrocious contracts with labor unions decades ago.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #134
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    They didn't sign atrocious contracts with labor unions decades ago.
    And nothing can be done about that?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  5. #135
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    And nothing can be done about that?
    Well, we could continue to bail out the Big 3, or let them die or adapt.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #136
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Well, we could continue to bail out the Big 3, or let them die or adapt.
    Precisely the problem. When these companies aren't allowed to fail, then the unions will continue to make their inordinate demands and suck the industry for all its worth. If they were allowed to fail, they would be FORCED to renegotiate their contracts and actually adopt something that makes sense (i.e., not paying their workers $80 and hour).

  7. #137
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Well, we could continue to bail out the Big 3, or let them die or adapt.
    You mean let capitalism run its course? The very idea!
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  8. #138
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    I can see it now, a new strategy for condom comercials showing starving children in poverty and the announcer saying "Help save a life, bone her with Trojans".

  9. #139
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Hey, Peguy. good Freudian there.

    "Trojab" condoms. Heh.

    A case of flaccid finger tonight?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  10. #140
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    I'm drunk off Labatt blue. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. SCOTUS ruling clears the way to free birth control for women with religious employers
    By Kheledon in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 11:34 PM
  2. [NT] So.. if life's a bitch, then am I wrong for trying to enjoy the ride?
    By mysavior in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
  3. Was it “politically expedient” for Obama to “accept” the Nobel Peace Prize
    By Vizconde in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 05:28 PM
  4. Happy Birth-Day to the MacBaby!
    By Geoff in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
  5. Who/What is to blame for McCain's decline in the polls?
    By ajblaise in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO