User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INF~
    Enneagram
    4 w5

We don't need anyone to tell us that. The more people in the world, the more of a crisis...Now I know that you won't hear this because of your ideological bias. However, it is true that we will do better economically if we stop having SO MANY BABIES. Geeez!
    Out beyond idea's of rightdoing and wrongdoing, there is a field, I'll meet you there. ~Rumi

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by hopeseed View Post
    We don't need anyone to tell us that. The more people in the world, the more of a crisis...Now I know that you won't hear this because of your ideological bias. However, it is true that we will do better economically if we stop having SO MANY BABIES. Geeez!
    Show me how this is an INFORMED opinion, on your part, and I'll avoid berating your statement for the vacuous lack of it. There is no ideological bias, there is only your ignorance in suggesting that which is not reality has presented itself in history or in the present; the idea that growing, technologically advancing (and industrializing) nations don't benefit from growing populations counter to the advanced nations that have zero or negative population growth.

MBTI
    INF~
    Enneagram
    4 w5

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Show me how this is an INFORMED opinion, on your part, and I'll avoid berating your statement for the vacuous lack of it.
    Man...Thatís the point! It needs no explanation. My post is for those who can count, use common sense, and know basic physics. My statement is obvious. Don't worry over it. Itís not political, itís about human beings.
    Out beyond idea's of rightdoing and wrongdoing, there is a field, I'll meet you there. ~Rumi

MBTI
    INFP

Risen, listen up, Guy!

Think in microcosms. The room has fifty people in it having a good time. The fire marshall cames along and says, "No more people at this party or we could have life-threatening hazards here."

Plus, what if someone can't get to the potty on time or if the toilet bowl plugs up, or if someone starts to have a heart attack and can't make their way to the door! Or if they run out of chips.

Too many people=problems. Health. Facilities. Food.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Man...Thatís the point! It needs no explanation. My post is for those who can count, use common sense, and know basic physics. My statement is obvious. Don't worry over it. Itís not political, itís about human beings.
    Well folks, the science is settled! Shit, we don't need facts, or perspective, or history, that's for idiots! Too bad the idiots are the only ones likely to survive by the time geniuses like yourself learn what's real about population growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Risen, listen up, Guy!

Think in microcosms. The room has fifty people in it having a good time. The fire marshall cames along and says, "No more people at this party or we could have life-threatening hazards here."

Plus, what if someone can't get to the potty on time or if the toilet bowl plugs up, or if someone starts to have a heart attack and can't make their way to the door! Or if they run out of chips.

Too many people=problems. Health. Facilities. Food.
    The micro is not always equivalent to the macro version. I, and the others in this thread have already made the arguments against this idiocy. However, I'm on the verge of agreeing with everyone here as I'm beginning to believe there are just far too many stupid people on the planet whose reproduction rates need to be cut to nil. Only then will this planet be prosperous.

MBTI
    ISTP

The micro is not always equivalent to the macro version. I, and the others in this thread have already made the arguments against this idiocy. However, I'm on the verge of agreeing with everyone here as I'm beginning to believe there are just far too many stupid people on the planet whose reproduction rates need to be cut to nil. Only then will this planet be prosperous.
    I actually tend to agree with you on this topic, although I know where the other side is coming from.

Strictly speaking, I think what we want is more population, sustained by renewable methods of production. This creates a solid foundation where run-a-way population isn't an issue, and the "costs" of life are balanced at the right incentive point.

(ie: gassification plants for garbage->power->resources is better than oil for power, landfills and quarries, but it is more expensive.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I actually tend to agree with you on this topic, although I know where the other side is coming from.

Strictly speaking, I think what we want is more population, sustained by renewable methods of production. This creates a solid foundation where run-a-way population isn't an issue, and the "costs" of life are balanced at the right incentive point.

(ie: gassification plants for garbage->power->resources is better than oil for power, landfills and quarries, but it is more expensive.)
    Yes, I agree. Making use of our waste will be very important. As I have been saying from the beginning of this thread, as long as we continue to make technological advances to address our problems, our HEALTHY RATE OF POPULATION GROWTH will continue to be HEALTHY. That is how it has ALWAYS worked. The more advanced a civilization becomes, the more people it can sustain. Only if we cease to progress will population become a problem in this country or on this earth as a whole. In fact, the only reason this planet has as many people as it does is directly BECAUSE OF technological advances that have allowed the population to grow far beyond what it was a short time ago in the span of human civilization. Go into the nitty gritty of how our own economy works in conjunction with population growth, and there is no basis to the argument that we are growing too much.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Falcarius,

Your objections betray the fact that you do not understand my argument. Just keep thinking about it.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

our HEALTHY RATE OF POPULATION GROWTH will continue to be HEALTHY. That is how it has ALWAYS worked.
    I don't actually have a huge problem with population growth; I have a problem--and I think Pelosi's recommendation is trying to deal with THIS problem--with high birth rates in poverty. It's definitely a drain on the system.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

heart on fire

lol, the first tenent of Greenism, blame population numbers for all the mess in the world.

How will having fewer consumers help a consumer based society?