User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ^forgive me if it's been stated but what is this "right thing" he did?
    Sorry but I have to get my facts straight.

After each elections there is a ball of this kind made in honour of a new presidents. This ball is a place the president comes in direct contact with military personel and then they togather give their respect to the fallen comrades that are no longer with them.
    The most heroic ones are get a medal for they service and it is not unusual that this people are already dead when they get it.

Do I have the right picture?

MBTI
    ISTx

^That is correct. Did you say he had good reason not to show? I'm on my phone so I can't easily go back and read some previous posts to put it in context.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^That is correct. Did you say he had good reason not to show? I'm on my phone so I can't easily go back and read some previous posts to put it in context.
    lol I don't know the reason silly. Maybe it's because he thinks its boring? Again I've never heard of the Medal of Honor Ball so I can't really judge whether or not this is a big oopsies or just whatever. Had you heard of this prior to the news story? Anyone?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Wow, big deal. When something important happens (such as this) let me know. Such as if he decides to leave our troops without proper supplies and weapons or puts them in harms way causing thousands to die unnecessarily. Sure he could have gone but he didn't and I'm sure there was a reason. Nice spin tho.

PS also if this Ball such a huge deal why isn't there more media coverage informing us that it's approaching? I mean why wait until a President doesn't show. I wonder if he is the only President who has never made an appearance? And what's with Oprah not being at any of the 10 Balls the Obama's went to? What's this world coming to?!?
    What? The nature of the ceremony itself should show it's importance... The article said he is the first president not to attend.

If he had good reason not to attend, thats fine but what about a prior apology? It's all about good PR and showing your allegiance...

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

What? The nature of the ceremony itself should show it's importance... The article said he is the first president not to attend.

If he had good reason not to attend, thats fine but what about a prior apology? It's all about good PR and showing your allegiance...
    I agree and while we're at it I think all past Presidents should apologize for their fuck ups as well. Who should we start with? Should there be a fuck up rating system in place before we begin? Future Presidents get in line!

Oh and of course the article can't be wrong. Like you, I totally believe everything I read. Not saying it's wrong, but I'm a skeptic and need iron clad proof.

MBTI
    ISTx

^It'd be nice, eh? What's wrong with pointing out faults and analyzing them? This isn't about left/right wing politics... It's pretty scary if one is against healthy discussion on these matters.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^It'd be nice, eh? What's wrong with pointing out faults and analyzing them? This isn't about left/right wing politics... It's pretty scary if one is against healthy discussion on these matters.
    I agree! Lets do it!

MBTI
    ISTx

We've been doing it for two pages.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

We've been doing it for two pages.
    I'm referring to pointing out past Presidents fuck ups. I've moved on from the ball thingy. I suppose that's for another thread then. Back to Ball bashing then!

MBTI
    ISTx

Oh, well there's a thread for future fuck ups, I don't see why you can't make one for the past but we've kinda got a set topic here.