MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes we can !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Given that the gay community is the last community institutionally discriminated against by government authorities, it necessarily becomes the focus of any effort to secure individual rights.
    Yes, indeed. Good sir.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Yes, indeed. Good sir.
    Just to ensure that I've made my position clear, I am very much a proponent of individual rights.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INTJ

Lol, there wasn't supposed to be any fuss. Only an attempt by the OP to presage or conclude Obama's direction in civil rights assertion. I just liked how it turned into a semantics battle, ah well.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Lol, there wasn't supposed to be any fuss. Only an attempt by the OP to presage or conclude Obama's direction in civil rights assertion. I just liked how it turned into a semantics battle, ah well.
    It's the last vestige the opposition has to hold onto.

MBTI
    INTJ

But yea, hopefully Obama is a good guy and doesn't pull a "Bush" on us. I'm pretty sure he won't. Either way, I'm going to watch "24" now. Lol.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's the last vestige the opposition has to hold onto.
    What opposition? It's amazing how much people want to portray themselves as victims.

Your thread was boring, and it ended up going a direction you didn't intend. Deal with it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes.

Thank you, Mr Obama.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What opposition? It's amazing how much people want to portray themselves as victims.

Your thread was boring, and it ended up going a direction you didn't intend. Deal with it.
    Millions of dollars were raised to pass prop 8. Empirical evidence aplenty to prove the opposition does exist. As for victims, no one is. Your projecting. I enjoy discussion most when the opposing side presents an even remotely solid argument. I like ideas with foundation. Regardless, of the angle it comes from.

Is it difficult for you to focus on the argument, and not the poster? For a boring thread, you seem to have commented in it more than a disinterested person that wouldn't even bother to open it; much less read the arguments presented within and respond.

MBTI
    INTP

Millions of dollars were raised to pass prop 8. Empirical evidence aplenty to prove the opposition does exist. As for victims, no one is. Your projecting. I enjoy discussion most when the opposing side presents an even remotely solid argument. I like ideas with foundation. Regardless, of the angle it comes from.
    Proposition 8 and "hate crimes" legislation are entirely separate issues; if you insist on equating the two, you will face opposition from the opponents of either.