User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Actually, I didn't find her hat to be very dignified at all. It was big and boisterous and loud. And I loved it, 10-inch purple bow and all. The end of Rev. Lowery's benediction wasn't formal either, but I enjoyed it.

You say you'd like us not to have to refer to each other by color, but you also say you were embarrassed for "every dignified Black person" in the audience. We're not colorblind, least of all the people who insist they are.
    LOL the hat. Ya gotta love big and boisterous! And some of those old bluesy gals can pull that off so well.

The reference to Black dignified people. IIRC, somewhere in this scattered thread is a comment by me about using it whenever it provides clarity. But now that I think about it, you're right. I think many people of different colors did feel embarrassed by that stuff.

Think I'll watch myself for a while and see how often I am guilty of using a reference to color when it isn't necessary. Maybe it can make a difference in my little corner of the world?

Thanks, All, for giving me some different ways to think about what called my attention. You all provided interesting thoughts.

And Victor, that was a charming, as usual, way to sum it up. (Oh darlin', won't you stop pursuing all them other wimmins and come back to me? )
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ

This thread is disturbing. I'm realizing it's a choice to stay ignorant and trapped by the tiny little boxes we cage ourselves in. It's sad to lack the kind of inquisitiveness that would prevent one from asking questions about the most basic of references that could be alleviated through a little research. So, so pathetic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Did you see Obama's reaction to it? One deep nod and an expression of amusement. It was sort of an inside joke.

His jaws get tight if he hears something he doesn't like. You can tell.

Give an old man a break, now.

And remember your Donovan.

heart on fire

^ Donovan? Wear your love like heaven? ?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

No, Jennifer Juniper!

(Mellow Yellow, but I know you knew that)

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    No, Jennifer Juniper!

(Mellow Yellow, but I know you knew that)
    You know, I always hated the "mellow yellow" song, something about the melody and the way the guy's voice drones on just irks me.(Lyrics are fine though) Same with "Don't let the sun catch you crying" by whoever does that.

I really dig "Wear Your Love Like Heaven" though, I wanted it to be that.

Edit: But no sure WYLLH has anything to do with the subject at hand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Wear Your Love Like Heaven is a good song. I love Catch The Wind, too. OH, and First There Is A Mountain (Then There Is No Mountain. Then There Is.) Goofiest song evah. Except for maybe the one about Put The Lime In The Coconut. I don't think that was Donovan, though.