User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII?

Default Conspiracy Theory, Abandon All Reason Ye Who Enter Here...

All right. Did you see the confusion during Obama's oath of office earlier? At first it seemed as if he'd been nervous and made a mistake - but that doesn't seem in line with what we've seen thus far. And apparently, it was the Justice administering who made the mistake.
    So, here it is:
    The mistake was intentional. It was meant to cause uncertainty enough to make possible the claim that Obama didn't count as having been officially sworn in yet. And Obama was sharp and caught it.
    By the way, did you realize how smart it was of him, intentional or otherwise, to have the priest be one of those extremists? It made the prayer be toned down, as well as he and his 'followers' think about facilitating some kind of an agreement.
    Also, I know I wasn't the only one who feared an assassination-type attempt, however that would be too obvious, considering all the security...

MBTI
    INFP

Obama voted against Roberts' confirmation to the Supreme Court, so there was naturally some tension.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Anentropic IxTx View Post
    All right. Did you see the confusion during Obama's oath of office earlier? At first it seemed as if he'd been nervous and made a mistake - but that doesn't seem in line with what we've seen thus far. And apparently, it was the Justice administering who made the mistake.
    So, here it is:
    The mistake was intentional. It was meant to cause uncertainty enough to make possible the claim that Obama didn't count as having been officially sworn in yet. And Obama was sharp and caught it.
    By the way, did you realize how smart it was of him, intentional or otherwise, to have the priest be one of those extremists? It made the prayer be toned down, as well as he and his 'followers' think about facilitating some kind of an agreement.
    Also, I know I wasn't the only one who feared an assassination-type attempt, however that would be too obvious, considering all the security...
    What was the mistake, exactly? And why would the correctness of the ceremony make such a difference in whether he was considered president or not, since he's already been elected and it's Inauguration day?

MBTI
    INFP

I noticed the boggled oath as well. Certainly leaves room for a couple of interesting conspiracy theories.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

No.

The oath is unimportant to the ultimate credibility of his appointment. He was officially tenured before the oath was even read -- at 12 noon, EST.

It was a misstep. Nothing more.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII?

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    What was the mistake, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    considered president or
    There was some hesitation and delay of phrasing, but it was corrected.

And I didn't mean being considered president, just sworn in.

According to law, the president elect is technically the new president at 12 noon on inauguration day, oath or no oath. I think this conspiracy theory has about as much truth to it as Holocaust deniers. Besides, the first slipup was Obama's, as he jumped in with his response before Roberts had finished speaking. After that it only makes sense that they're both tense.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Yea, I'm failing to see the the conspiracy here... (Though I'm a crazy conservative conspiracy nut whose never been right, so what do I know...)

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    According to law, the president elect is technically the new president at 12 noon on inauguration day, oath or no oath. .
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, see. I got this idea see? Call it intuition. Yeah. That's what it is.

After hearing the end of the Reverend's benediction I've got a sneaking suspicion those guys are going reinstate the White Man's Burden.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Well, see. I got this idea see? Call it intuition. Yeah. That's what it is.

After hearing the end of the Reverend's benediction I've got a sneaking suspicion those guys are going reinstate the White Man's Burden.
    Yea, it was uh... yea. And the poems I have heard from today's events have ALL been the most ridiculous piles of verbal bile and excrement that they don't deserve another word...