Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Honestly, we had no idea that this was dark humor, we all thought you were really that dark. I think we had all just come to accept that you didn't have any sort of compassion, but decided that was no reason to ignore your perspective on topics that didn't provoke deep emotions. After all, you're still rather insightful. So if you seriously felt bad, don't worry. If you're just trying to learn how to display compassion, then you did it with aplomb. Either way, congratulations.

This bridge thing had us all feeling pretty morose, and your humor maybe helped lighten things up so we could deal with and think about it more easily. The thing about INTJ humor is, it always makes me want to laugh and shudder at the same time. (Ni-Fe conflict, I guess) You do offer an interesting perspective on things, even if it's a little creepy at times.
    Well, I'm not really good at sympathizing. And I don't really feel emotion when these things happen. And I'm not really bothered by things, either. But I got the impression that I was on other people's bad sides.

After years of watching too much cable news I've learned that It doesn't matter how many people died that makes a tragedy, it's only who and how.

Who: Missing and probably dead Attractive_Young_White_Female gets gets as much media attention as the tsunami did. Celebrities also get this obsessive attention when they die such as the massive feeding frenzy on Anna Nicole's corpse.

How: The more spectacular a person's demise the more media coverage it will gather. A bridge collapsed and last I heard 5 people were dead. Big deal. 40,000 people die on the roads every year, that's about 110 every day. At 110 every day that's a 9/11 every month on the highway and one cares. 3,000 people died on 9/11 and the government started two wars, they haven't demanded higher car safety standards or new road designs.

So 5 people died in a spectacular bridge collapse, I didn't know them and I don't know anyone else who has died recently. I won't have my emotions manipulated for ratings.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Why not care about people you haven't met? Isn't it logical?
    No.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Are you one who is skeptical of my type, then?
    Oh no, quite typical.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Oh no, quite typical.
    Considering that he's the only one of the INTJs on this board who... acts the way he does, I'm not sure why you would call his behavior "typical".
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --