User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    So you're okay with the president ignoring the constitution as long as his agenda aligns with your own.
    And you truly believe Bush was exempt from this??? :yim_rolling_on_the_

He might as well have used our Constitution as toilet paper. I suggest you look into the disparate differences within our civil rights currently, as opposed to prior of the Bush Administration. As I do feel Obama is simply another deceitful, self-serving politician (as proven by his track record vs pubic "speeches"), it would be unfathomable to neglict the desecration or our unalienable rights during Bush's 8 year term.
    If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. -Carl Gustav Jung *I-74* *N-53* *T-95* *J-89*

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by *Strictly_The_Facts* View Post
    And you truly believe Bush was exempt from this??? :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Huh?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Huh?
    you don't understand, or you choose not to accept the fact that Bush and his administration desecrated our Constitution, lied like it was his goal, and signed our rights away document by document. How about the John Warner Defense Authorization Act, Telecom Immunity, Iraq and Iran lies, and the Patriot Act for starters. And I really mean starters.. Easily bottom five on the Presidential pole...
    If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. -Carl Gustav Jung *I-74* *N-53* *T-95* *J-89*

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You are mistaken regarding my opinion. I suggest you actually bother to study peoples' stances before you start running your mouth, tossing around accusations.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

good to be wrong about this then, i'll take it! Check this, Bush and his administrations autrocities at their best.

Bill of Rights Under Bush: A Timeline - MondoGlobo

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

As bad as Bush was, he didn't have anything as strong as the Alien and Sedition acts to aid him. He didn't suspend habeas corpus for American citizens. He didn't send certain groups of Americans to internment camps.

Bush was a "bad" president (how bad is arguable), but the real problem is that the presidency has too much power. My entire argument was a refutation of Kiddo's claim that more power in the hands of the right people is preferable. Bush is just an example of what a "bad" president can do. The reason I mentioned those other presidents is because some of them are considered to be "good" or "great", yet they walked all over the Constitution, ignoring it just as much as (or more than) Bush did.

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

As bad as Bush was, he didn't have anything as strong as the Alien and Sedition acts to aid him. He didn't suspend habeas corpus for American citizens. He didn't send certain groups of Americans to internment camps.

Bush was a "bad" president (how bad is arguable), but the real problem is that the presidency has too much power. My entire argument was a refutation of Kiddo's claim that more power in the hands of the right people is preferable. Bush is just an example of what a "bad" president can do. The reason I mentioned those other presidents is because some of them are considered to be "good" or "great", yet they walked all over the Constitution, ignoring it just as much as (or more than) Bush did.
    In agreement. Wilson was malicious too .Personally I don't feel we've had a "good" President since JFK, with maybe 2 "ok" Presidents along the way..