User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm sure the claim has some validity but it's very likely backed up by American anti-drug propaganda. A "surge in crime fighters" equals a large budget increase. The likelihood of a total collapse is very small anyways since he would clearly be forced to carry them.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    If you have something intelligent to add, I'll hold my breath for you.
    Just don't hold your breathe waiting for Mexico to collapse.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Even if it does collapse, nothing brings down real estate prices like a good old fashioned gang war. US can buy some land and really clean up. That's what I'd do.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I'm sure the claim has some validity but it's very likely backed up by American anti-drug propaganda. A "surge in crime fighters" equals a large budget increase. The likelihood of a total collapse is very small anyways since he would clearly be forced to carry them.
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong on that one. I live in a border city. We have constant coverage of what's going on across the border, and how it's effecting the city. Mexico right now is on the brink of chaos. It is no secret that the government has always been corrupt, but in recent years it has exploded. The drug lords and gangs have been putting a choke hold on the government and the law enforcement. More people have died in the drug wars down there than in the entire Iraq war. Government officials and law enforcement have been facing life or death threats from these criminal organizations. either they comply with their wishes, or they could lose their life. Thus, most decide to go corrupt because they have no choice. The amount of Americans traveling across the border has diminished greatly over the past year because of all the violence. because of the drug lords, Mexico is seriously slipping into anarchy. Ask anyone who lives on a border city and doesn't sit in front of the tv 24/7, and they will tell you. We've seen this coming for years, and watched as it's gotten worse. At the same time the government still refuses to properly secure the border.

If mexico's government does collapse under the pressure, which it likely could, then yes, SOMEBODY is going to have to go in there and bring stability. Since we are their next door neighbor, it'll be us. My God, I'd hate to imagine the chaos that might ensue if it happens, with the violence spilling across the border. There are a great many obvious reasons why we would need to act in that situation.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

The Pentagon and DOD prepare for ALL situations, all contingencies, but that doesn't mean they are going to happen. Our government just takes the busines of being prepared THAT seriously.

anotehr case in point: The theoretical death yield of one canister of Airborne Botulin toxin released into the atmosphere is every last human on the planet (and every mammal for that matter). The probablity of this happening? I forget, but it has something like 50 0's after the decimal point. However, since it is POSSIBLE, the United States government and the UN attempt to control for it anyway, just because they like playing it that safe.

Risen my friend, you really need to learn to distinguish between the "worst-case scenarios" the Pentagon has research teams address and that which is likely to happen.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Well,... Say hello to the NAU, when Mexico falls
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    The Pentagon and DOD prepare for ALL situations, all contingencies, but that doesn't mean they are going to happen. Our government just takes the busines of being prepared THAT seriously.

anotehr case in point: The theoretical death yield of one canister of botulism released into the air is every last human on the planet (and every mammal for that matter). The probablity of this happening? I forget, but it has something like 50 0's after the decimal point. However, since it is POSSIBLE, the United States government and the UN attempt to control for it anyway, just because they like playing it that safe.

Risen my friend, you really need to learn to distinguish between the "worst-case scenarios" the Pentagon has research teams address and that which is likely to happen.
    I could've made the case before the God damn report. The situation didn't suddenly change upon its release. Yes, it paints something of a worse case scenario and how we would be forced to react. However, can you sit here and tell me just how close we are to such a scenario? Do you know that? Do you have your finger on the pulse, or are you trying to tell me the heart rate with your finger on the nose? The real point to this is, it's a very real possibility, and they may be too close for comfort. As I've said, the stability of Mexico has been declining, and everyone will tell you that. The government has been fighting back, but unfortunately, the criminals are fighting just as hard and the gov hasn't been gaining ground.

MBTI
    Hype

Oh, here's another thing that "could happen", and the Dod is currently researching, but you shouldn't really worry about:

Gamma-ray burst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But if you really want to be more neurotic, you can be worried about the entire Earth being cooked by high energy radiation as well =P

MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I could've made the case before the God damn report. The situation didn't suddenly change upon its release. Yes, it paints something of a worse case scenario and how we would be forced to react. However, can you sit here and tell me just how close we are to such a scenario? Do you know that? Do you have your finger on the pulse, or are you trying to tell me the heart rate with your finger on the nose? The real point to this is, it's a very real possibility, and they may be too close for comfort. As I've said, the stability of Mexico has been declining, and everyone will tell you that. The government has been fighting back, but unfortunately, the criminals are fighting just as hard and the gov hasn't been gaining ground.

No i don't have my finger on Mexico's pulse... I don't know jack about Mexico, but I will have to see some real shit hit the fan before I start worrying about it, yanno

MBTI
    INTJ

I need to learn me some Spanish - I already got the weapons' skills.

I kind of felt left out ever since the remnants of the USSR got divided up, so this could be my second chance.