User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 387

  1. #51
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Oh, those poor soldiers! Why are they so concerned about their sexual desires being universally accepted, and not about doing their jobs? Whatever happened to toughness? Oh, I forgot. It went out of style.
    Apparently the fact that the soldier in the second clip lost his leg in service to his country escaped your notice. Or is losing limbs something you consider "untough"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Oh, those poor soldiers! Why are they so concerned about their sexual desires being universally accepted, and not about doing their jobs? Whatever happened to toughness? Oh, I forgot. It went out of style.
    When they have to watch their backs to keep from getting fired, it can make it very difficult to do the job to the best of their ability.

    Gays will have rights. Progress is inevitable.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Apparently the fact that the soldier in the second clip lost his leg in service to his country escaped your notice. Or is losing limbs something you consider "untough"?
    And he's worried about his reception based on his sexual orientation?

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Make your jokes. It's all you have.

    When they have to watch their backs to keep from getting fired, it can make it very difficult to do the job to the best of their ability.

    Gays will have rights. Progress is inevitable.
    And you think I'm anti-gay because I'm against this policy. I'm just pro-sense.

  5. #55
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    And he's worried about his reception based on his sexual orientation?
    "I had fought and nearly died to secure the rights for others that I myself was not free to enjoy. I had proudly served a country that was not proud of me. More importantly, my experience disproved all the arguments against open service by gays and lesbians."
    He goes on to explain how he was out to some of his fellow servicemen and they didn't care that he was gay as long as he did his job well.

    A lot of this perceived prejudice within the military just doesn't exist. "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is outdated and an embarrassment to the American military.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #56
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    And you think I'm anti-gay because I'm against this policy. I'm just pro-sense.
    I'm curious why you chose not to watch those short video clips. What about your sense are you afraid will be changed by hearing testimony from gay servicemen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    And you think I'm anti-gay because I'm against this policy. I'm just pro-sense.
    According to your "sense", you claim the military isn't going to be accepting. So, gays shouldn't bother.

    Men were not accepting of women having equality. And look, many of them still aren't. It's not logical to prevent progress just because some individuals have an aesthetic dislike. Prejudice is in itself, irrational. It will always exist. That isn't a sound enough reason to avoid giving people rights.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    He goes on to explain how he was out to some of his fellow servicemen and they didn't care that he was gay as long as he did his job well.
    "Some," right? I would imagine that since he knew the situation quite well, he was as cautious as can be about who he did and didn't come out to.

    A lot of this perceived prejudice within the military just doesn't exist. "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is outdated and an embarrassment to the American military.
    The degree is not of fundamental importance. It exists, and it can therefore cause undue conflict.

    A military career is a choice, and it requires sacrificing freedom in every aspect of life, not just for the homosexual. The military's purpose is not to assure every soldier feels comfortable with his sexuality or anything else. You live by different rules when you join up, and why people think they should be free to do whatever they want is really beyond me. It's not about them, it's about the nation. They can do what they want on their own time, when they get out, or they can choose a career with more lackadaisical regulations.

  9. #59
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    i don't get why gays want others in the army to know they are gay.

    its not like racial or sexual discrimination, where you don't have to say your race or gender. its obvious.

    i think the only reason gays want others to know they are gay while in the army, is because they want to send a signal that they want some other hidden gays to seek them out. like the dating classifieds.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    According to your "sense", you claim the military isn't going to be accepting. So, gays shouldn't bother.

    Men were not accepting of women having equality. And look, many of them still aren't. It's not logical to prevent progress just because some individuals have an aesthetic dislike. Prejudice is in itself, irrational. It will always exist. That isn't a sound enough reason to avoid giving people rights.
    Gays are allowed to be in the military, just not to talk about it. It's not that hard to shut your mouth and get with the program. Not a great deal of sacrifice there.

Similar Threads

  1. Deafies to Hearies: "We don't need no stinking implants!!!!"
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
  2. Dont Ask Don't Tell--Homophobia or Sexual Repression?
    By kyuuei in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 12:28 AM
  3. I don't want to end up with a guy who's just like my dad...
    By Queen Kat in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 10:49 PM
  5. What they don't tell you about eating boogers...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO