User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    It's more like saying humanity is broken because someone ate some soup.
    How is getting fired for breaking the "don't ask don't tell" policy evidence that the system doesn't work? The system isn't "make sure no gay people get fired".
    The theory is that it's an unnecessary firing and that sexual orientation doesn't determine ones worth in a military atmosphere. If that's true, the firing is counterproductive for the system.

A few years ago there was a story about how gay Arabic translators were getting fired, during a severe translator shortage. There are lots of stories like this that help illustrate the point.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm looking at the big picture here, and something fishy is going on. Was there a gay linguist club in the Army? Were they acting oddly? Was something going on other than "suspicion of homosexuality?," and that was an excuse to fire them? Things are rarely as cut and dry as they seem.
    Or they were just fired for suspicion of homosexuality as is the policy under DADT. Maybe we should go ahead and get rid of that ol' thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    So the idea is : It would be a good thing if gays could be allowed in the military, for ethical, civil, and social reasons. Since everything would still be fine after repealing DADT, we might as well do it, because it's like a freebie. Using their reaosning, if we put this through cost benefit analysis, it would come to no or negligible cost, but would provide some benefet. And as you know, when the cost is zero, you should reap the benefit, even a tiny benefit.
    Okay, what I've been saying about since response 1 is that those on the other side are arguing for "the gay agenda" via "don't ask, don't tell" by proxy. Their primary concerns are NOT the effectiveness of the military. Their primary concerns are related to notions of equality, universally.

To get psychological on them, I would say that they could have all the rights in the world in free society, and wouldn't be able to get past the idea that there's a government organization which won't allow them to freely state/practice their sexual preference. I can somewhat identify with that fear/resentment, but:

Compromising the integrity of the tool we use to wage war in order to fulfill every idealistic dream of the gay civilian is not my concern, and to be honest, I find it incredibly damned selfish.

MBTI
    enfp

i think whats really going on is that gay army enlisters who are looking for a big orgasm with a bunch of sweaty guys, (because they can still serve to their full capacity whether they are openly gay or not) convinced gay civilian activists angry over the passage of prop 8 that this is a pushback of the entire gay acceptance issue.

but whats really going on is that those gay army enlisters who want a big orgy with thousands of guys don't want to marry, they just want to frolick with a bunch of sweaty men.

anyways, thats my theory. lolz

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Compromising the integrity of the tool we use to wage war in order to fulfill every idealistic dream of the gay civilian is not my concern, and to be honest, I find it incredibly damned selfish.
    The main loop here is that they are trying to make the case that there is no compromise.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    i think whats really going on is that gay army enlisters who are looking for a big orgasm with a bunch of sweaty guys, (because they can still serve to their full capacity whether they are openly gay or not) convinced gay civilian activists angry over the passage of prop 8 that this is a pushback of the entire gay acceptance issue.

but whats really going on is that those gay army enlisters who want a big orgy with thousands of guys don't want to marry, they just want to frolick with a bunch of sweaty men.

anyways, thats my theory. lolz
    I think a thousand lesbian eyebrows just went up.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The main loop here is that they are trying to make the case that there is no compromise.
    010 has stated multiple times that there will be drawbacks. I happen to agree with that, and since I personally see no overall benefit whatsoever to repealing the policy (In fact I see more drawback potential than 010 does), it's not worth doing in my mind. At all.

MBTI
    OMNi

Okay, what I've been saying about since response 1 is that those on the other side are arguing for "the gay agenda" via "don't ask, don't tell" by proxy. Their primary concerns are NOT the effectiveness of the military. Their primary concerns are related to notions of equality, universally.
    Wrong, I want a military ran by professionals, not red neck hicks.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Wrong, I want a military ran by professionals, not red neck hicks.
    Run by professionals. And it always will be, no matter what the "gay rules" are.

MBTI
    OMNi

Run by professionals. And it always will be, no matter what the "gay rules" are.
    Nope. You said so yourself. You want the military to be filled with Redneck Jims. You care more about the sensitivities of rough country boys than you do about having a fair military that is run by professionals who can get job done even when working with gays.