User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    (It's you're. I overlooked it the first ten times.)

If I were considering joining up, and those were the rules, I would ask myself if I could do it, and if it was worth it. If I decided to join, I would follow the rules.
    Either way, it's going to happen. Your opinion doesn't change that.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    That's not an answer. Try again!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    We've been arguing over whether this will happen the whole time? Why didn't you tell me?!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I know SO MANY freaking homos in the military!
    Out of curiosity, what are their opinions on cities and universities banning the ROTC and military recruiters (ostensibly) because of the DADT policy?

If anyone cares, I support the right of gays to serve openly in the military, just as I support the right of qualified women to serve in combat roles. I don't like Obama, but he has the same stance as myself and the late Goldwater on this issue. On the other hand, attempts to ban the miltary or the ROTC (ostensibly) because of DADT piss me the fuck off, as would overt gloating over the (mostly self-inflicted) discomfort of dedicated soilders during the transition period.

MBTI
    INxJ

We've been arguing over whether this will happen the whole time? Why didn't you tell me?!
    Oh, Jack. lol

We aren't really arguing. Just picking ideas apart. I had fun. Let's play again some other time.

MBTI
    ENTP

Everybody should just quit whining and serve their country or get out.
    get out of the country or the military?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    get out of the country or the military?
    Military

MBTI
    OMNi

I always wondered how women must have felt when conservative minded men argued the rules that were set up to keep women subordinate were for their own protection and to preserve a traditional social order. Now I know since the same mentality is being used to perpetuate a discriminative policy towards gays. The arguments to preserve the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy are simply a fear that hidden prejudice towards gays will turn into alienation or abuse toward them if they are allowed to serve openly and a fear of of decay to unit cohesion. This is despite evidence to the contrary, such as the fact that our soldiers are currently serving alongside openly gay soldiers from other countries in Iraq and some gay soldiers from our own country have been able to openly serve within their units without their being any negative consequences, provided they have performed their job well. I see nothing objective about individuals who choose to ignore this information just because it doesn't coincide with their beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Don't even get me started on this topic. I hate hearing from men who have never EVER raised their hands and served about how *I* shouldn't be in combat. They all say the same thing "It's natural to protect women! Ya'll are distracting!" The reality is, it's natural for humans to protect their loved ones. Period. Men just expect us to be quieter about it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    GONE

Being INTJ absolves one of all matters of interest? I'll mark that down in my notebook.

I have also noticed that when you're intentionally associating with a certain kind of people, those are the kinds of people you run into. HA HA
    Oh Jack, you don't get my humor. :pout:

LOL, but dood, I don't intentionally hang out with gay ex/soldiers.

I do intentionally hang out with fellow queers in a gay community and I absolutely see from this end that there's a significant presence of queers in the military and that this an understood truth.

That's partly why don't ask, don't tell was even instituted. 'We know you're there, just don't draw attention to it'

Or did you mean that you don't think there is a significant presence of gays in the military?

Another anecdote: I met the first woman to successfully sue the military (air force? navy?) when they tried to dishonoraably discharge her under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" She's an out power lesbian now.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari