User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 387

  1. #91
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Oh for Christ's sake....

  2. #92
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    This is twice in this thread I've wondered, are we being anti policy, or anti OBAMA policy...
    Embrace the possibilities.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    This is twice in this thread I've wondered, are we being anti policy, or anti OBAMA policy...
    I don't suppose it ever occured to you that I'm anti-Obama because of what he says and does.

  4. #94
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't suppose it ever occured to you that I'm anti-Obama because of what he says and does.
    Logically. The same reason many are anti Bush for what he says and does. And, there are people who railed against some potentially GOOD policies of his because of his bad ones. The same will happen to Obama. Although he's definately jumping into the deep of it by having this come up before he's even been sworn into office.

    So goeth politics.
    Embrace the possibilities.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Logically. The same reason many are anti Bush for what he says and does. And, there are people who railed against some potentially GOOD policies of his because of his bad ones. The same will happen to Obama. Although he's definately jumping into the deep of it by having this come up before he's even been sworn into office.

    So goeth politics.
    Okay, well, that's not me, FYI.

  6. #96
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    I draw the line here. This is ridiculous. We have a separation of males and females for good reason. It keeps people's desires in check and maintains order and discipline. You are trampling upon that by introducing people with an attraction to the same sex. If gay guys go in the female locker rooms I guess it'd be fine, bout I doubt it'd gonna happen that way.

  7. #97
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    And I don't care about Obama, this is just a stupid idea no matter who it comes from.

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    And yet, you would tell them their business for them, as would civilians like Obama.

    I truly dislike those with agendas, because they're all that matter to them. No one else's concerns are valid.
    Great rebuttal.

    You have entered the discussion with a bias. Strangely, you invalidated my opinion because you perceive me as being biased. By your very own terms, neither of us is balanced enough to make a correct evaluation.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    How many people only said yes because they thought it would be proper to do so, not because they agreed with it?
    Did you notice what you have admitted by stating "it would be proper to do so?" To reach that conclusion, you must first acknowledge a majority. If the military is as stringent as you claim, why would the officers feel obligated to respond in favor of gay rights?

  9. #99
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Oh, you can change the rules, but you can't make Joe Army like it.
    Point. I don't think "openly showing" any kind of sexuality while on duty is a good thing. That shit should be kept outside in the civilian darkness, whether it is screwing chicks or nailing dudes.

    What does "openly showing" ones sexuality mean, anyway? That the homosexual soldiers get to wear a rainbow ribbon under their rank patch or something?

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  10. #100
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Reminds me of something I found on the net-



    "In the days of the old French foreign legion, a platoon was out on patrol in the desert of French North Africa for some number of weeks. The men's uniforms were all filthy and smelling; water was on half rations. Things were bad and morale was crumbling.



    Finally, one morning, the commandant announces to the men: "I have good news gentlemen. Today we have a change of uniforms!"



    The men were, of course thrilled, and there was a fair bit of celebrating. Until one Legionnaire asked "Where are the uniforms, Commandant?"



    "Ah! Francois, you change with Marcel. Marcel, you change with Henrique, Henrique, you change with...."

Similar Threads

  1. Deafies to Hearies: "We don't need no stinking implants!!!!"
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
  2. Dont Ask Don't Tell--Homophobia or Sexual Repression?
    By kyuuei in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 12:28 AM
  3. I don't want to end up with a guy who's just like my dad...
    By Queen Kat in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 10:49 PM
  5. What they don't tell you about eating boogers...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO