User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

The only abuse there may be is from bullies as the boy gets older. I saw we remove the bullies into state custody then! My views of these parents aside, local government vendetta's are a no no (but they happen in MANY small towns) that needs to be stomped out at some point.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I heard that in Germany it's illegal to give a kid the name Judas.
    You heard wrong.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You heard wrong.
    Judas was Christ's favourite, even aften the inevitable betrayal. The Gnostics knew that. So do the Germans.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    There are bound to be families in Germany and Austria with the Hitler surname. So even if the parents I have no ties to the Nazi ideology the kids might suffer in the long run. That doesn't mean they should get their names changed however. Like so many other critical aspects of life, it's up to the parents to decide.

The only good reason why the kid should be taken from his parents is if the parents have any criminal record or something.

If they don't I'd still bet the kid has a chance to turn out kind of warped, but the government should only do something if the parents are breaking the law.
    There are living relatives of Hitler in the states. I read somewhere that they have taken their genetic responsibility to the extreme of making vows not to bear children! Guess they take genetic politics as seriously as their uncle did!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INxJ

The mother of a 3-year-old named Adolf Hitler has broken a court-ordered silence, saying she and her husband would never abuse their Nazi-named son or daughters.

"My husband and I would never abuse our children, and he would never harm anybody," Deborah Campbell told the Express Times of Easton, Pa.

On Jan. 9, the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services took away Adolf Hitler and his sisters JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, 23 months, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, 9 months, from their Holland Township, N.J., home.

Their mother told the paper that state child welfare officials took the youngsters because a neighbor wrongly alleged that they had been abused and Campbell's husband Heath had abused her.

The agency, which by law cannot comment on specific cases, told FOXNews.com repeatedly that it would never remove children from a home simply because of their names.

But the children's mother told WCAU-TV in Philadelphia that she thinks the names were the reason.

"The names I believe are the problems," she told the station on Monday night. "They just don't want to come out and say that."

Deborah Campbell told the Express Times that officials mentioned prior domestic violence allegations against Heath Campbell from his previous marriages.

"This man has changed a whole lot," she told the paper. "He loves his children. They're his world."

Heath Campbell was hospitalized last week due to the stress of the current situation, she said.

Deborah Campbell said she broke the court order to help the family find a lawyer for the case.

A postponed court hearing hasn't been rescheduled.

Last month, the family made national news when they claimed a grocery store refused to make a "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" cake for their son.

"This is America," Heath Campbell told MyFOXPhilly.com then. "They say it's free. You have a right to name your child what you want to name your child no matter what."

The family's landlord told The New York Times on Tuesday that he plans to start eviction proceedings against the family after they refused to vacate their home when their lease expired in November.

FOXNews.com - Mom of 'Adolf Hitler' Denies Abuse Allegations - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Also: Hitler's Grammy Drunk During Cop Stop, Says Mom - News- msnbc.com

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    The only abuse there may be is from bullies as the boy gets older. I saw we remove the bullies into state custody then! My views of these parents aside, local government vendetta's are a no no (but they happen in MANY small towns) that needs to be stomped out at some point.
    While I agree with the role of government, there is more. They might be denied a quality education (college). They might be denied jobs. Especially, high paying ones that have a reputation to protect. They can't freely move wherever they please, unless they are willing to accept that many people will be intolerant of them; and may commit hate crimes against them. Their potential for overall success is greatly hindered.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

You know... a name change application doesn't take that much work... Only takes about a week to process here in Canada.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ

In response to a lot of comments... I know someone that works for DYFS in NJ and I can tell you for a fact they would NOT have been able to remove the kids from their home purely on the basis of their names. There would have had to have been STRONG allegations of abuse that we found to have at least some proof behind them. It's actually very hard to have your kids removed from your home by DYFS with the ways their policies run. Also, they cannot legally release any information for what else happened due to DYFS privacy rights (so there is undoubtably more to this story than this article lets out).

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    You know... a name change application doesn't take that much work... Only takes about a week to process here in Canada.
    that still doesn't change your name on your birth certificate, which you have to present when you get married or if you try to run for any government position, etc, etc... it also doesn't change the children's psychological trauma growing up with those names

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdujour View Post
    In response to a lot of comments... I know someone that works for DYFS in NJ and I can tell you for a fact they would NOT have been able to remove the kids from their home purely on the basis of their names. There would have had to have been STRONG allegations of abuse that we found to have at least some proof behind them. It's actually very hard to have your kids removed from your home by DYFS with the ways their policies run. Also, they cannot legally release any information for what else happened due to DYFS privacy rights (so there is undoubtably more to this story than this article lets out).
    Thanks for the inside info. The article did state they aren't allowed to release the information. The parents went to the media.