User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    LOL what kid does want to go home when they're out having fun?
    Perhaps, but then again I would have given anything not to return home, and it was never because I was having too much fun.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

If something came out that a child got hurt in that home people would be all "How could they not look into it, look at his name" but when they do something and don't tell what it is since they can't because of confidentiality everyone assumes it's because of the name.

damned if they do..

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I am reserving judgement until all the facts come out.
    Seems the sensible view. It is interesting to me that others don't share it.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ISFJ

There are bound to be families in Germany and Austria with the Hitler surname. So even if the parents I have no ties to the Nazi ideology the kids might suffer in the long run. That doesn't mean they should get their names changed however. Like so many other critical aspects of life, it's up to the parents to decide.

The only good reason why the kid should be taken from his parents is if the parents have any criminal record or something.

If they don't I'd still bet the kid has a chance to turn out kind of warped, but the government should only do something if the parents are breaking the law.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Seems the sensible view. It is interesting to me that others don't share it.
    Given the rapid spread of obscene "hate speech" laws throughout Europe and Canada, I think a bit of hyper-vigilance is perfectly sensible. If there are credible allegations of abuse, then fine, but the timing is awfully suspicious.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Given the rapid spread of obscene "hate speech" laws throughout Europe and Canada, I think a bit of hyper-vigilance is perfectly sensible. If there are credible allegations of abuse, then fine, but the timing is awfully suspicious.
    Any jingo worth his salt would tell you the USA doesn't like to look to Europe and Canada as exemplars for much, and certainly not in this arena. Europe's hate speech laws have been around for a while. I'd be shocked - shocked! - if such laws were allowed to proliferate here now.
    I do know that I read specifically it wasn't just the name. Now, I don't know what's what yet (so I'll cool my heels), and I don't find it hard to believe that someone who would name the child that would be cruel to the kid in other respects), but see no reason not to keep the child services statement in mind and wait.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTJ

It's called a pre-emptive action. They named the kid HITLER.

Know how much abuse the kid would get for that?
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    It's called a pre-emptive action. They named the kid HITLER.

Know how much abuse the kid would get for that?
    Possibly none. If he goes to public school, by the time other kids know who Hitler was, and might know his middle name, he'll already either be socially successful or not, and they won't care.

If he's home-schooled (which, for some reason, seems likely), it might not come up for ten years or more.

MBTI
    GONE

Yeah, it's extreme and a misappropriation of time, funds, and manpower when there are children currently being seriously abused and neglected.

However, like the article said, going on 'good faith' that there are deeper issues involved. It's easy to think the name alone is the trigger for the removal, but I guess I personally [want to] have more faith in 'the system' than that -- since again, there are for sure kids being seriously abused and neglected in that county who need DYFS to intervene I'm sure.

I also think what was said in the article is true -- there are so many signals and signs of neglect, abuse, bad parenting, and an unfit mindset for parenting that you can pick up on.

Sure, you can turn it into a witch hunt looking for clues of 'bad parenting', but clues and signs are there, regardless.

Naming your kid something kooky or against 'common sense' is a whimsical thing to do, so you can keep following the trail back and see if that kind of unorthodox attitude extends to taking care of and raising that child, feeding them, exposing them to inappropriate things, etc.

In this case, I don't think it's about the mindset of the parents, there has to be another alleged in/action involved (I think) to legally remove a child from the home.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

You know... this whole thing is blown out of portions by the media. And you have to wonder whether the parents are deliberately setting everything up as an attention getter...
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca