User Tag List

First 1234 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

It tells me that it is a restricted page. Wouldn't let me see anything.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    It tells me that it is a restricted page. Wouldn't let me see anything.
    It's just google books. I am not sure why the link is behaving like that. :steam:

If you want to read it probably can pull it up easily by going to google.com/books and type: "Thomas Jefferson: A Chronology of His Thoughts? - Page 164" into their search box.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Keirsey says he's an INTP.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Based on what heart has said I'd think he is INTJ.

Edited: Because I said was instead of is. He still lives on! ...Inside my heart!
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

i like to believe that idealism, softness and sensitive retreat from fights with ... well .. people is something that comes with development into the soul, to the boundary of existentialism. i mean, for any type. if the guy was worth anything, then he had reached that place by the time his hair grew yellow (as it does on the wikipedia picture, attached)

compare him to eugen drewerman

he is a german pastor (thinker, preacher. verry independent, expelled from vatican) who comes to my mind, when looking at the wikipedia image. he is extremely softspoken. i associate that energy (silent, almost stuttering voice,"schwach auf der brust") which i have myself, with Fe, particularly with a weak Fe. i mean the capability of controlling it is weak, since it is not owned, thus it tends to overflow instantly. but i know that this is not exclusively related to silent voice. i found a lookalike of drewerman who claims to test as intp, but i don't know in which system. i am thinking ni te si fe. drewermann inhabits most of the infj klishees but i believe those klishees to be mixed up. anyway, i am a big fan of him, without even knowing most of his intellectual content. (and without being Christian, btw)
    Attached Images Attached Images

heart on fire

Do thinkers avoid conflicts and seek harmony as a rule? This was present in the young Jefferson, it is not something he developed with age.

He did appear to get more out front as he aged when he was president, but Feelers do that.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Do thinkers avoid conflicts and seek harmony as a rule? This was present in the young Jefferson, it is not something he developed with age.

He did appear to get more out front as he aged when he was president, but Feelers do that.
    i can only speak for myself in this regard but, when i was younger and less mature i was not as comfortable as i am now with open conflict of the face to face variety and pushing my own interests. i was much more passive aggressive which turned out to be very unproductive.

so, i would say i did avoid conflict but i did not actively seek harmony when i was younger. nowadays though, i am much more comfortable with conflict and as well i am more eager to make sure my relationships are harmonious as opposed to letting them wither and rot.

but thats just me. ymmv.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    i can only speak for myself in this regard but, when i was younger and less mature i was not as comfortable as i am now with open conflict of the face to face variety and pushing my own interests. i was much more passive aggressive which turned out to be very unproductive.

so, i would say i did avoid conflict but i did not actively seek harmony when i was younger. nowadays though, i am much more comfortable with conflict and as well i am more eager to make sure my relationships are harmonious as opposed to letting them wither and rot.

but thats just me. ymmv.
    Just to add. When I say young for Jefferson I mean when he was in his 30s. He lived a long life.

He's not just seeking harmony and avoiding conflict, he is also universially described by people in his own time as being gracious and charming and having a very winning personality.

He's an enigma.

I haven't read very much of his personal writing, but what I have read (his Bible notes) seems to indicate INTJ. He was a bit of an individualist, with an eye toward absolute truth. He has his ideals, but was clearly a pragmatist as president.

Soft-spoken-ness, deference, and graciousness is common to all introverts IRL. Wordiness, and abstract style in writing tend to be Ns. His approach to faith is very Rational. He also seemed very disciplined and conscientious.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    gracious and charming and having a very winning personality
    heart, you've described me perfectly! add modest to this list too

but yeah, the above traits i think any type could embody with sufficient upbringing and grooming. i think conflict avoidence and harmony seeking are the most telling of his personality type whatever it was.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.