User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Guess it's time to say: WE TOL' YOU SO !

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Also, you cannot dispute the current displeasure with the Republican party as a huge factor in his election. He wouldn't have won 8 or 4 years ago, I don't think.
    I agree with this. I'm still glad it happened, regardless of what led up to it.

I'm interested in what the African Americans in California will think of this. 70% out of the possible overall population of 6%, voted against gay marriage.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post

I'm interested in what the African Americans in California will think of this. 70% out of the possible overall population of 6%, voted against gay marriage.

I agree with this. I'm still glad it happened, regardless of what led up to it.
    I heard about that.

"The senseless and escalating [...] war between blacks and gays is tearing our great nation apart"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"The senseless and escalating [...] war between blacks and gays is tearing our great nation apart"
    omg, Charles manson was right about Helter Skelter, he just had the colors wrong! (It was supposed to be black vs PINK!)

I think history lessons would be good. I just watched "Milk" last night and it told me I need to examine history a bit better in order to put Prop 8 in some sort of social context.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

And isn't pink the gayest colour ?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm not sure what would be more pinker.
    Does Obama wear pink, or would that be too overt?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think history lessons would be good. I just watched "Milk" last night and it told me I need to examine history a bit better in order to put Prop 8 in some sort of social context.
    Great film. A shame it wasn't released before prop 8.

Pink
    Purple
    Glitter of every color

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Okay. Should I grab my pitchfork and torch or...I don't really get what you're trying to say. I know you're gay, but your reaction isn't indicative of a for or against position. So I don't really know how to comment.
    haha...those were my exact thoughts. how funny.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INxJ

I heard about that.

Seriously though, religious zealots for the lose.

California is considering IOUs for people's tax returns this year. Just think of all the money from gay marriage lost. Los Angeles (West Hollywood) and San Francisco are gay meccas. Many of the wealthiest homosexuals live in and around those areas. What a waste of an opportunity.

At least Maine has the right idea.

The group has set a target of bringing same-sex marriage to all six New England states by 2012.

Some economists say carving out an economic niche for gay and lesbian weddings -- and the spending that comes with them -- makes sense at a time same-sex marriage has stalled in California and a recession is deepening.

M.V. Lee Badgett, an economist at the University of Massachusetts' Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies, led a study released in July that said over the next three years about 32,200 same-sex couples would travel from other states to marry in Massachusetts.

That would translate into 330 jobs and a $111 million boost to the state's economy, the study projects.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE50D08A20090114

Would Obama accept gay financial help for the economy?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Seriously though, religious zealots for the lose.

California is considering IOUs for people's tax returns this year. Just think of all the money from gay marriage lost. Los Angeles (West Hollywood) and San Francisco are gay meccas. Many of the wealthiest homosexuals live in and around those areas. What a waste of an opportunity.
    well, I can tell you that the white evangelicals aren't going to sell out their values just to increase the tax base and improve the economy; they're fighting off the decline of their cultural values.

However, I'm not sure of the motivations of the new influx of CA residents that made the difference in Prop 8, as a whole. Perhaps they'd be more open, with education and other pragmatics.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Time is a delicate mistress.