User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Tazers

heart on fire

The thing about TV putting people into alpha states is the most important part of this message and it isn't a conspriacy theory at all. It's how the brain works.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The purpose of Tasers?

They are a tool to immobilize a person by use of electricity to disrupt their nervous system. Anything more moral/mentally rooted than that depends upon the intentions of the individual using it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think anyone that dislikes guns MUST like tazers, regardless of what their use is. They have one purpose: To hurt. Whetherits used to torture or to save lives is irrelevent, the purpose is only to hurt.
    This is a very good point. As the purpose of tazers is to replace some shooting by police officers.

We have need of them here as some officers have been forced to shoot mentally ill people at times. A tazer would be better and non-lethal.

So yes, you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The thing about TV putting people into alpha states is the most important part of this message and it isn't a conspriacy theory at all. It's how the brain works.
    Quite right, dear Heart.

MBTI
    NICE

Having chewed this over I've concluded, after watching utube tazings, that the irony is plain to see. With a camera and an internet connection the weapon can be turned with relative ease against the user.

Deprived of context all police look like fascists; and everyone tazed sounds like Chewbacca having sex.

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Having chewed this over I've concluded, after watching utube tazings, that the irony is plain to see. With a camera and an internet connection the weapon can be turned with relative ease against the user.

Deprived of context all police look like fascists; and everyone tazed sounds like Chewbacca having sex.
    Yes, my dear Bananatrombones, which is the more effective weapon - the tazer or the video camera?

I have made my choice - just look to your left and you will see me pointing a weapon at you.

Once we were told the pen is mightier than the sword, but now we know the camera is mightier than the tazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    If Police methods were about catering to sadistic tendencies, I'd think that using the baton (or nightstick) wouldn't be such taboo in today's policing.
    I don't want to be too cynical because tazers do have their proper uses, but batons leave marks while tazers leave no physical marks, just like enhanced interrogation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

when used properly they are excellent and quite a great idea. problem is they are abused. so really the question shouldn't be tazers, it should be the people using the tazers.

same applies to guns.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is a very good point. As the purpose of tazers is to replace some shooting by police officers.

We have need of them here as some officers have been forced to shoot mentally ill people at times. A tazer would be better and non-lethal.

So yes, you are right.
    yeah...that's why i answered the way i did. my only reason for disliking guns is because i don't like the idea of a life being taken away forever...when it's often just a temporary situation...a need to get out of the current situation...maybe there are drugs involved clouding the normal thought processes...doesn't seem fair to have lives forever altered because of it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I have made my choice - just look to your left and you will see me pointing a weapon at you.
    Indeed, Victor - and a very impressive weapon it is that you are pointing.

As the actress said to the bishop.