User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Tazers

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I've just watched a student being tasered in a library. I found it shocking and disturbing.

It led to a huge student demonstration against the use of tasers on campus.

But in time honoured fashion, the demonstration was led by the Left. Except this time the demonstration was also led by Islamists. And a great many of the demonstators were also Islamists.

I found this equally shocking and disturbing.

And it turns out the student who was tasered in the library was also an Islamist. And it you watch the videoing of the tasering, you can see the student is provoking it and prolonging it for the audience and particularly for the video cameras.

In other words we are being treated to Agitprop.

And it was classic Agitprop with cries of, "police brutality", and a highly emotional and mindless demonstration afterwards.

Agitprop of course means, Agitation-Propaganda.

Agitprop plays on the emotions, quite often with an atrocity or official brutality in order to put our thinking minds to sleep so that the propaganda message can enter our minds uncritically.

And these videos made in the library are effective Agitprop.
    It is reassuring that the Islamists are taking full advantage of the educational facilities in the University! With a splash of agitprop to add spice?

MBTI
    ISTx

*edit* my above post was referring to the "Don't taze me, bro" video.

I slightly recall seeing the other one, but I don't remember the details. Does anyone have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    For some reason I believe Beat's logic.

But maybeez Victor was alluding to the pernicious way government treats is citizens as idiots by selling them a bottle of piss dressed as champagne.

Clearly just as many people are going to get shot; it is just lots more people will be tazered. People who wouldn't get shot (you can't shoot a drunk; not even in Texas). I'd guess it's drug users & people with mental health problems that will get the extra zaps. Often by technically less competent officers - puting it politely, with due deference to law enforcement officers the world over.

The tazer isn't really the point.
    Yes, it is plain the two police officers doing the tasering were completely unsophisticated.

They had no idea they were being set up for the video cameras.

They carried out their role as dumb, stupid policemen brutally treating an innocent student, to perfection.

These two police officers had never been trained how to deal with propaganda being carried out by highly intelligent students on their own campus - and for God's sake, particularly in the library, a place of sanctuary.

The police officers were brilliantly manipulated to violate the sanctuary of learning - and all for the video cameras.

The two police officers were completely gulled as I was when I first saw the video.

MBTI
    ISTx

^Link?

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I don't think things have any purpose past the one we give them.
    We humans are meant to see paterns and movement where there isn't. We give meaning to the universe because that's how evolution made us to be.

But hey, open your eyes, everything is relative isn't just a nice quote to put on a t shirt.
    Things are so relative in fact, that calling them things is already overkill.

Tazers just are what we make them to be. Because that's how we work.
    Precisely, the tasers are simply a misdirection.

They are meant to take our attention away from the main game which is propaganda.

Misdirection is the classic ploy of hypnosis.

Our attention is taken away from the main game so they can pull a swifty.

And it works.

We need to be able to wake up from the trance of propaganda and one of the best ways to do this is by exercising free speech.

But they are one step ahead of us - when we exercise free speech, they accuse us of Islamophobia.

You've gotta admire them - they are doing a good job.

But they do have a weakness - shared by many propagandists - they believe their own propaganda.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Whether you agree with common police tactics or not, there often comes a time when they legitimately have to restrain someone, and tazers are a (usually) non-lethal and effective tool. What else should they do?

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    It is reassuring that the Islamists are taking full advantage of the educational facilities in the University! With a splash of agitprop to add spice?
    And what is most interesting is that they are aided and abetted by the Left.

On the face of it, it is extraordinary as the Leftists are atheists and the Islamists are theists.

It is plain they are both using each other against a common enemy.

But should they be successful, they will turn on each other.

And I think it is the Leftists who are riding the tiger.

MBTI
    ISTx

Cool, still being ignored.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Link?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Whether you agree with common police tactics or not, there often comes a time when they legitimately have to restrain someone, and tazers are a (usually) non-lethal and effective tool. What else should they do?
    Of course. I'm not following Victor's conspiracy theory here.