User Tag List

123 Last

Sniffles

Angry Babysitter bundled crying baby into a tumble drier so she could watch TV

This actually occured in the same state as the father who killed his son to avoid paying child support. This is just as disgusting as that story!

A babysitter has been charged with murder after putting a baby in a tumble drier so she could watch television undisturbed.

Arielle Smith, 19, has been told she faces a second degree murder charge after the horrific incident in Harvey near New Orleans, Louisiana.

Prosecutors say Smith put five-month-old Andre Jenkins in the tumble drier because he would not stop crying.

Smith, who was babysitting two other children including her one-year-old son and Andre's 18 month old brother, switched on the machine and watched as the baby span round.

Jenkins died from a skull fracture and horrific burns caused by the 175C temperature inside the drier.

"She was trying to watch something on television," said Assistant District Attorney Amanda Calogero said.

"She put the two older kids in a room, and she put the baby in the dryer and turned it on."
    Babysitter bundled crying baby into a tumble drier so she could watch TV | Mail Online

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Putting a baby in a burning dryer seems like an odd way to get him to stop crying...
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

There's something so terribly wrong there mentally. What rational person would ever think of such a thing.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Will you be posting every story of a child murder, Peguy?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Putting a baby in a burning dryer seems like an odd way to get him to stop crying...
    Well, can't say it wasn't effective.

(My first thought was: "at least she didn't switch it on", then I read the full post.)

There are psychos everywhere. People have been doing this for millenia. Let's face it - just 30 years ago, without the Internet, it wouldn't have made national news. Does that mean that the world is a worse place? No. It's just that you read more bad stuff now (and the good stuff goes unreported). There's no point getting angry about everything.

MBTI
    INTP

That is a horrific thing to have happened.

That said, the picture that accompanies that story is hilarious, to me.
    Something Witty

Oberon

Most of the time I prefer to forget that I live in a world where such things happen.

Periodically I am reminded that such is the case. This has been one of those times.

I don't know whether to thank you or scold you.

MBTI
    NICE

But in a later police statement Smith said the children were "interfering" with her plan to watch daytime TV soaps.
    Oh dear. Not even a Bond film.

MBTI
    INFP

The babysitter even had a child of her own, and she could still do such a thing to someone else's.

I'm not even surprised.

I've been aware of the egocentricity and stupidity of the human race for quite some time and don't need more evidence.

Default The Pot Stirs Back

I'd say this supports not forcing or encouraging young incapable unstable unwilling all of the above mothers from becoming parents. (Or, educating people about how to avoid such responsibilities if their Abstinence Pledge fails. :gasp: )

--Or as the Pro-Lifers prefer to call this line of Pro-Choice reasoning, murder. Or as ultra conservatives prefer to call this line of sex education, orgy promoting.--

Because child neglect, child abuse, child abandonment, and the social burden that follows is so much more humane.

:eye-roll:

As a social participant and observer, I'll tolerate the protected-yet-inexperienced teenage "roll in the hay" over this tragedy any day.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke