First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Oh I thought you were being ironic.

This is what I get for posting when I'm also working on the budget.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What amazes is me is how the hell this woman thought she would get away with it. That's quite a price to pay to watch television undisturbed.
    Crack, maybe.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

This is exactly showing how bad people are currently: TV > Life of a baby. But yes, I seriously wonder how she thought to succeed. Or...did she even think? Guess not. Very sad, but thanks for posting, Peguy. Personally, I appreciate it.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I think she must have been really, really out of it and not in the mood to deal with anything if she did that. The choice doesn't even make sense, so I kind of doubt she was "all there" when she made it. The consequences were bad, but I'm not so sure she deserves to be held totally responsible for them. She should be examined by a psychologist or something before being convicted.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I think she must have been really, really out of it and not in the mood to deal with anything if she did that. The choice doesn't even make sense, so I kind of doubt she was "all there" when she made it. The consequences were bad, but I'm not so sure she deserves to be held totally responsible for them. She should be examined by a psychologist or something before being convicted.
    I can't stand this type of reasoning, absolving her of responsibility. If she wasn't responsible, who the hell was? She put a baby in a dryer! Seeking psychological help was an option BEFORE she did that, not after.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Killed a baby to watch television? How crazy is that woman?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My impression is that we are dealing with an altered mind, either mental illness or a chemically altered state. What is also likely is that this is not the first incident where destructive behavior was exhibited as a result of either issue of being altered mentally. It sounds like a complex issue that does need to be examined to clearly understand what steps led up to such a travesty. If she is classified as a vulnerable adult (history of mental illness), then whoever is in charge of her might share some responsibility in placing her in a position of responsibility in that way. This is parallel to the types of responsibility a parent shares in overseeing their child.

It is also typical for these types of tragedies to be the result of many previous, smaller incidents that led up to it indicating instability and destructive behaviors. Sometimes these previous incidents do not progress linearly. There can be long stretches of time where the person is free from the behaviors, but they are typically present at some point in their history. Edit: In putting the two other children in a room unsupervised, I suspect that she had been using control/neglect strategies with children leading up to this. I guess it is also possible she knew it would hurt the baby, but didn't think it would die, or that there would be repercussions for herself.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I can't stand this type of reasoning, absolving her of responsibility. If she wasn't responsible, who the hell was? She put a baby in a dryer! Seeking psychological help was an option BEFORE she did that, not after.
    I understand that you're upset and want to see someone punished. I don't blame you for that.

But the problem is, the person might well have not been mentally coherent enough to even understand that they had a problem. That's what a psychologist will determine. If it's decided that she was in her right mind and capable of knowing right from wrong, then she should, as you suggest, be punished.

I just have my doubts that she knew right from wrong when she did that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I understand that you're upset and want to see someone punished. I don't blame you for that.

But the problem is, the person might well have not been mentally coherent enough to even understand that they had a problem. That's what a psychologist will determine. If it's decided that she was in her right mind and capable of knowing right from wrong, then she should, as you suggest, be punished.

I just have my doubts that she knew right from wrong when she did that.
    LOL, you think I'm upset about the baby being killed? Not at all. It's not about punishment. It's about mitigating future risk.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If it's decided that she was in her right mind and capable of knowing right from wrong, then she should, as you suggest, be punished.
    I think the focus should be less on whether or not she was in her right mind and if she deserves punishment, but whether or not she is a danger to others, which she has shown herself to be.