User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    He didn't just pull out his wallet. He ran, first...big mistake.
    They CLAIM he ran. Dead men tell no tales...
    Rodney King was fucking nuts. He's lucky he didn't get tazed or shot.
    [youtube=ROn_9302UHg]Nuts huh[/youtube]

What do I see, I see him laying face down, getting up slowly, before he gets his teeth kicked in literally... note how he never gets to so much as think about throwing a punch

Your statistics haven't shown this to be true. They're more likely to be arrested, that's all.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...43-post68.html

Reading is fundamental...

In 1976 it was 8 to 1, in 1998 it was 4 to 1...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. I could fill this page with such incidents if I cared to.

For example, in NJ, in 2007, 47 people were killed by police officers. Of the 47 killed 75% were black/latino although black/latinos combined only account for 29% of the population.
    This is the statement you made, in this video he was being no more "non compliant" as you put it, than the kid in the taser video, yet amazingly no shots were fired.
    to the testament of a witness in that post you made, the person said he wasn't doing anything wrong. He was ignoring direct order repeatedly...

MBTI
    ISTx

This is the statement you made, in this video he was being no more "non compliant" as you put it, than the kid in the taser video, yet amazingly no shots were fired.
    to the testament of a witness in that post you made, the person said he wasn't doing anything wrong. He was ignoring direct order repeatedly...

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ACTUALLY the witness said he wasn't kicking or anything, and I don't see him kicking, I can hardly tell what physical resistance he was offering as one of the cops had his KNEE in his NECK...

First, an officer grabbed Oscar by the neck and pushed him against the wall," Pangelina said. "Oscar didn't fight him, but he didn't go down either. He was like, 'What did I do?' Then another officer came up with his Taser and held it right in his face. Oscar said, 'Please don't shoot me, please don't Taser me, I have a daughter,' over and over again, real fast, and he sat down."

Grant was the only man in a small group sitting against the wall who was not handcuffed, Burris said, so officers grabbed him away from the wall and pressed him belly-down onto the ground.

"One officer was kneeling over his neck and head, and another standing over him," Burris said. "He was not kicking, and one officer was pulling on his arm. The standing officer pulled out his weapon and, within moments, fired the gun into Mr. Grant's back."

edit: [youtube=kCgmIqmYalY]video[/YouTube] This is the video you've chosen as ideal...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Come on guys, cut it out. You're both right. You're gonna make me

MBTI
    INFP

My larger concern reading this this morning is the apprehension I have about what a powder keg of emotions US citizens are at present. I think it's entirely possible that a minor incident such as this could ignite mass riots acros the country as people express their fear and frustration.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    My larger concern reading this this morning is the apprehension I have about what a powder keg of emotions US citizens are at present. I think it's entirely possible that a minor incident such as this could ignite mass riots acros the country as people express their fear and frustration.
    Kids these days.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

^Yes, Anja. It makes me sad that blood must be shed in order for people to come to understand each other better.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What do I see, I see him laying face down, getting up slowly, before he gets his teeth kicked in literally... note how he never gets to so much as think about throwing a punch
    What I know is that the entire incident is not on tape, only the most inflammatory part.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...43-post68.html

Reading is fundamental...

In 1976 it was 8 to 1, in 1998 it was 4 to 1...
    That article states that no meaningful conclusions can be drawn. My previous statement was based on statistics that you provided, which, having been refuted, you're now trying to claim are invalid. You're just picking and choosing statistics that support your argument. There's a term for that, confirmation bias.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I've never used a gun before but don't you have to cock it first before you fire it?
    Negative. Cops roll out for their shift at condition 1 (round in chamber).