First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Happened less than an hour from here:
    Article
    Yep, it happens. People don't remember them because there are no riots when it happens.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    So far, the statistics he's cited haven't shown that to be true.

Resisting arrest is dangerous. Diallo made a stupid choice that got him killed. Rodney King was doped up and violent. I don't blame the officers for using that level of force on him. I probably would have done the same in that situation.
    Diallo pulled out his wallet. If you've ever been stopped by a cop you would know the first thing they ask you to do is to show ID, which would be where? In his wallet, surprise surprise...

As for your Rodney King statements, all of a sudden the picture becomes clearer.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    By your logic this kid should've been shot too

[youtube=6bVa6jn4rpE]Don't tase me bro[/youtube]
    Now you're just being ridiculous... I believe the cop's shooting to be an error, so how does that support what you just said? This is done.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post

this guy in oakland was actually unarmed.
    Right and there's absolutely no conclusive evidence suggesting that the officer meant to fire a pistol at him. If that conclusion were to be reached through investigation, I'd still have a hard time assuming it was merely because he was a black guy . Some sort of mental illness, likely.

MBTI
    IsTP

My fault, he didn't stand, but he was non compliant when repeatedly told to sit down with his back against the wall.

Better video with no news commentary:
    YouTube - Bart police shoot an unarmed black man.
    This is the statement you made, in this video he was being no more "non compliant" as you put it, than the kid in the taser video, yet amazingly no shots were fired.

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    IsTP

Right and there's absolutely no conclusive evidence suggesting that the officer meant to fire a pistol at him. If that conclusion were to be reached through investigation, I'd still have a hard time assuming it was merely because he was a black guy . Some sort of mental illness, likely.
    AGAIN I never said he was shot because he was black, but statistically blacks are MORE LIKELY to be shot by cops, and in those incidents MORE LIKELY to be unarmed. This is not rocket science here.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Diallo pulled out his wallet. If you've ever been stopped by a cop you would know the first thing they ask you to do is to show ID, which would be where? In his wallet, surprise surprise...

As for your Rodney King statements, all of a sudden the picture becomes clearer.
    He didn't just pull out his wallet. He ran, first...big mistake.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Rodney King was fucking nuts. He's lucky he didn't get tazed or shot.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I've never used a gun before but don't you have to cock it first before you fire it?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

AGAIN I never said he was shot because he was black, but statistically blacks are MORE LIKELY to be shot by cops, and in those incidents MORE LIKELY to be unarmed. This is not rocket science here.
    Your statistics haven't shown this to be true. They're more likely to be arrested, that's all.