User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think it makes the most sense that he meant to draw the taser and screwed up.

In my opinion though, this doesn't reduce it only to an error. Law enforcement uses them too readily, and tasers kill people occasionally.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Because it ONLY happens to black people. I'm still waiting for someone to show me just one incident in the last five years where an unarmed white male is shot by a cop. I won't bother to show the tons of times the reverse has occurred. That would be TOO easy.
    You're not getting it. I don't doubt that some incidents are racially motivated. What I doubt is that all of them are. You have yet to present any evidence that race has anything to do with this incident.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You're not getting it. I don't doubt that some incidents are racially motivated. What I doubt is that all of them are. You have yet to present any evidence that race has anything to do with this incident.
    Smh. First of all, I'm not out to prove anything. If I wanted to I couldn't. The police only report their shooting incidents voluntarily to DJB and then only what has been deem "justifiable homicide". That being said, no one in the U.S. is more likely to die of homicide, justifiable or otherwise, at the had of a cop than a black male, that's just a fact.

I never said "They killed him because he was black", I said "sucks to be black at the wrong end of a cop gun". Just stating a fact. I don't know why everyone is all in a bent of out shape about it. Facts are facts.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ISTx

^his only defense is because he's heard/seen a few incidents and it just so happens that they're black. Maybe those are the only ones that he can bring to mind seeing as how he has an inclination to stereotype cops as being prevalently racist.

MBTI
    ISTx

Smh. First of all, I'm not out to prove anything. If I wanted to I couldn't. The police only report their shooting incidents voluntarily to DJB and then only what has been deem "justifiable homicide". That being said, no one in the U.S. is more likely to die of homicide, justifiable or otherwise, at the had of a cop than a black male, that's just a fact.

I never said "They killed him because he was black", I said "sucks to be black at the wrong end of a cop gun". Just stating a fact. I don't know why everyone is all in a bent of out shape about it. Facts are facts.
    Youre missing some key elements with your statistics. How about factoring in crimes committed and then taking note that there's a higher rate in communities that are a majority black.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ^his only defense is because he's heard/seen a few incidents and it just so happens that they're black. Maybe those are the only ones that he can bring to mind, I dunno. Ken provide an article or maybe they're just the only ones he can bring to mind.
    You have got to be kidding me. I could fill this page with such incidents if I cared to.

For example, in NJ, in 2007, 47 people were killed by police officers. Of the 47 killed 75% were black/latino although black/latinos combined only account for 29% of the population.

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Youre missing some key elements with your statistics. How about factoring in crimes committed and then taking note that there's a higher rate in communities that are a majority black.
    Even the DJB stats admit of all police shootings blacks are more likely to be unarmed at the time of shooting... You clearly haven't bothered to look.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You have got to be kidding me. I could fill this page with such incidents if I cared to.

For example, in NJ, in 2007, 47 people were killed by police officers. Of the 47 killed 75% were black/latino although black/latinos combined only account for 29% of the population.
    Right, but how many of them account for the criminal population and involvement in police incidents in the first place. I think that would be a better indication. That's assuming everyone in the population has the same frequency of being involved in a police incident, which really isn't the case.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

How much crime do they account for? It's probably more than 29%.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTx

I'd like you to give me examples of cops executing black people (meaning no necessary reason to result to deadly force). Give me something that supports your statement that "it's be unfortunate to be black on the wrong side of a cop gun". I'm sorry but cops don't just surrender their badge and face criminal charges because someone happens to be black.