User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 179

  1. #31
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Hence a cop is justified in being afraid of a man who was laying on his belly handcuffed?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  2. #32
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    ^he wasn't cuffed.

  3. #33
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    You're right, he was shot as they were attempting to cuff him...

    Unarmed Man Shot in Back by BART Police while Detained Face Down - Don't Tase Me, Bro!

    "First, an officer grabbed Oscar by the neck and pushed him against the wall," Pangelina said. "Oscar didn't fight him, but he didn't go down either. He was like, 'What did I do?' Then another officer came up with his Taser and held it right in his face. Oscar said, 'Please don't shoot me, please don't Taser me, I have a daughter,' over and over again, real fast, and he sat down."

    Grant was the only man in a small group sitting against the wall who was not handcuffed, Burris said, so officers grabbed him away from the wall and pressed him belly-down onto the ground.

    "One officer was kneeling over his neck and head, and another standing over him," Burris said. "He was not kicking, and one officer was pulling on his arm. The standing officer pulled out his weapon and, within moments, fired the gun into Mr. Grant's back."
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  4. #34
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Why is it that any time something bad happens to a black person, the FIRST thing you hear is that it was racially motivated? It's like a reflex. I'm not saying that this incident wasn't. It could have been, but we don't have enough information to come to any conclusion.

    I hear claims of race motivation so often that I'm desensitized to it. I simply don't care. Think "the boy who cried wolf".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #35
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Why is it that any time something happens to a black person, the FIRST thing you hear is that it was racially motivated? It's like a reflex. I'm not saying that this incident wasn't. It could have been, but we don't have enough information to come to any conclusion.

    I hear claims of race motivation so often that I'm desensitized to it. I simply don't care. Think "the boy who cried wolf".
    Because it ONLY happens to black people. I'm still waiting for someone to show me just one incident in the last five years where an unarmed white male is shot by a cop. I won't bother to show the tons of times the reverse has occurred. That would be TOO easy.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  6. #36
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Why is it that any time something bad happens to a black person, the FIRST thing you hear is that it was racially motivated? It's like a reflex. I'm not saying that this incident wasn't. It could have been, but we don't have enough information to come to any conclusion.

    I hear claims of race motivation so often that I'm desensitized to it. I simply don't care. Think "the boy who cried wolf".
    I agree with this. I am very desensitized to it, regardless of whether there is truth to it or not.



  7. #37
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    You're right, he was shot as they were attempting to cuff him...

    Unarmed Man Shot in Back by BART Police while Detained Face Down - Don't Tase Me, Bro!
    If you just watch the video you'll witness a discrepency from that person's statement. You see the guy go from being seated to standing up and that's when the cops got into the struggle.

  8. #38
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Because it ONLY happens to black people. I'm still waiting for someone to show me just one incident in the last five years where an unarmed white male is shot by a cop. I won't bother to show the tons of times the reverse has occurred. That would be TOO easy.
    That is such an ignorant statement to make. I had a detective tell me yesterday of an incident that happened here in Eastern Carolina recently involving a white unarmed man being shot. I'm posting from my phone but I'll look for an article later.

  9. #39
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Kendoiwan, are you black?

  10. #40
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    If you just watch the video you'll witness a discrepency from that person's statement. You see the guy go from being seated to standing up and that's when the cops got into the struggle.
    LiveLeak.com - Unarmed man shot & killed by a BART police officer

    VIDEO: Police Execute Unarmed Man in Public; Shot in Back | BREAK THE MATRIX

    I don't know which video you saw... Post it.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Similar Threads

  1. Police shoot & kill wrong man at wrong address because he answered the door armed
    By iwakar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 06:13 PM
  2. Yet ANOTHER police shooting on New Years eve
    By kendoiwan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO