User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 179

  1. #11
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    You CAN'T be serious. Do a quick google search and compare the numbers. The likelihood is remote in the U.S.
    Ok, this isn't meant to stem into a race debate, but the areas of high-crime are predominantly black. That is not racist, that is fact.

    Let's discuss this incident.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ^Uhh, I'd assume it happens any time the action is warranted...
    Since when is shooting someone who's on the ground and helpless warranted at all?

  3. #13
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    In this incident and unarmed handcuffed black male was shot by a cop, something that NEVER happens to white males in the U.S. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if you didn't dismiss what I said as if it has no basis in fact. I wasn't trying to make this a discussion of race, I was just pointing out the obvious. Sucks to be unarmed and black on the wrong end of a cop gun.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  4. #14
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Since when is shooting someone who's on the ground and helpless warranted at all?
    Aside from this incident, obviously. We can't presume that this is a race issue... For anyone that isn't tracking, the incident started as a couple of groups of people were drunkenly fighting at the BART station. Cops got involved, and it went from there.

  5. #15
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    In this incident and unarmed handcuffed black male was shot by a cop, something that NEVER happens to white males in the U.S. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if you didn't dismiss what I said as if it has no basis in fact. I wasn't trying to make this a discussion of race, I was just pointing out the obvious. Sucks to be unarmed and black on the wrong end of a cop gun.
    Because unarmed black guys are being mowed down by our cops on many occasions? That's stupid... What makes you so sure that this never does/has happened to a white person?

  6. #16
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default


  7. #17
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Because unarmed black guys are being mowed down by our cops on many occasions? That's stupid... What makes you so sure that this never does/has happened to a white person?
    Again, are you kidding me? Seriously. Google it...
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  8. #18
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    You know there's a gajillion articles that will headline "Black man shot by cop" but you'd never see one with a title "White man gunned by cop", and that's not because it doesn't happen. Just throwing that out there.

  9. #19
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    I defy you to find ONE in the last 5 years.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  10. #20
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    To say that race is not an issue at all here is ridiculous IMO.

    P.S. I live here.

Similar Threads

  1. Police shoot & kill wrong man at wrong address because he answered the door armed
    By iwakar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 06:13 PM
  2. Yet ANOTHER police shooting on New Years eve
    By kendoiwan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO