User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    A sense of entitlement.
    Once again Jack and his trusty hammer have nailed it down.

I shy from calling it a matter of youth for obvious reaons. This is probably best "heard" when done by someone in their thirties or so. I'm accustomed to hearing the kinds of comments which discount my thoughts because of my age.

I don't know what kind of thread, heart. Just looked like my statements derailed the thread and I thought to address the diverging comments elsewhere.

I don't have an interest in starting a thread at the moment but would address comments regarding my misplaced posts.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

A comment on the poverty/violence correlation. Is it clear which is the causal factor?

There is a tremendous amount of "hidden" violence among the affluent.

Perhaps it is the adoption of an attitude of "me first" which is behind violence?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    IsTP

Spoke to another cop, my neighbor a 16 year vet of the NYPD, another vote for "how the fuck do you confuse a taser with a pistol". That and people who are afraid of the people they are supposed to be policing shouldn't be cops in an ideal world.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Spoke to another cop, my neighbor a 16 year vet of the NYPD, another vote for "how the fuck do you confuse a taser with a pistol". That and people who are afraid of the people they are supposed to be policing shouldn't be cops in an ideal world.
    More anecdotal "evidence". Hooray!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    More anecdotal "evidence". Hooray!
    Verses your complete lack of evidence of any sort. Awesome.

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Verses your complete lack of evidence of any sort. Awesome.
    I'm not going to Oakland to interview that cop. Sorry to disappoint you. You see, that's information that would actually be useful.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm not going to Oakland to interview that cop. Sorry to disappoint you. You see, that's information that would actually be useful.
    Apparently he didn't think so, as he quit, so he could plead the 5th rather than give a statement.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Apparently he didn't think so, as he quit, so he could plead the 5th rather than give a statement.
    A smart move on his part.

Go ahead and interview every other cop on the planet. That still won't tell us what was going on in the head of the shooter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Maybe he quit because he was devastated about accidentally shooting a guy.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Maybe he quit because he was devastated about accidentally shooting a guy.
    The BART police officer who shot an unarmed man to death on a station platform early on New Year's Day quit the force Wednesday, avoiding an interview with police internal affairs investigators trying to get to the bottom of an incident that has prompted broad outrage.
    If he cared so much why not help the investigation? He was going to have to give a statement or be fired so he quit. Real remorseful.