User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Sooooo I was talking to the neighborhood beat cop, 20+ years in the force, and I asked him 3 questions

One: I've handled a gun but not a taser, how easy would it be to get them confused? He looked at me like I was retarded.

Two: What are the chances you forget which side your gun is on in the heat of the moment? Another retard look.

Three: What do you think happened? Out of professional courtesy he declined to say anything more than, "if he did confuse his gun with his taser, he's lucky it wasn't a shootout where he grabbed his taser by mistake"
    Are you sure it was the question that drew that look?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

And let's say Mr. 20+ Years as a Cop is ISTP, and Mr. 2 Years as a Cop is IN-something, and spacier. Who knows.

MBTI
    enfp

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    Yep this is a great idea.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yep this is a great idea.
    yeah they hit up some shops, which is like... wth?

but at least these guys got the right people back.

MBTI
    INFP

I have a concern when I hear people of any race manipulating statistics to prove prejudice.

A Black man is also more likely to die at the hand of another black man. And the murder rate by black youth is the only statistic in murder in the states which isn't lowering.

It doesn't seem wise to me for anyone to overlook that fact. There is a problem with violence in the Black culture. Rather than explaining or rationalizing it, an honest look at admitting it and asking what we can do to prevent it is a more useful direction to take.

We get lost in our own issues and fail to see the larger picture.

Here in the Midwest we have a large influx of people of color moving out of the inner cities to try to find a place to raise their children away from the life-threatening crime. Most of them in my town are moms and grandmas and aunts trying to protect the next generation of Black Americans.

It appears to me that many baby daddys, whom these women are trying to separate themselves from trail in their wake bringing their violence along with them.

My neighbors. We've picnicked together, traded recipes, nurtured kids and then "the gangstas" show up and people flee to their homes.

A person was stabbed, thrown in the street and lit on fire, a funeral was disrupted by violent relatives coming to town, drug use is on the rise, panhandling on the streets, gunshots at night. All these things were foreign to my neighborhood before people began seeking refuge here.

I can only speak from personal experience but I have seen firsthand the serious problem that Black people are having with violence and it doesn't bode well for the children. And I've only seen a small bit of what some live with for generations.

I'd like to see Black men, as a group, start staying at home, put their first loyalty to the children they are birthing and provide some stability for their youth. And I'd like to see other Black men start holding their own young men accountable instead of making excuses for them.

Am I prejudiced? Yes. I am prejudiced against anyone, male, female, White, Black who refuses to live a decent life when given the opportunity and who brings his mess into my space.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

I'll add that I'm tired of not speaking up because someone may twist my statements and call me prejudiced.

Edit: Make that "racially prejudiced."
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Does anyone have the latest news on this incident?
    California Officer in Subway Shooting Resigns: Internal Affairs News at Officer.com

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I think he resigned a few days ago. I read it a couple days ago.

ThatGirl

I'd like to add to my comments on the situation, after my client and I were talking about it today. He had not seen the video, but asked a very good question. Were other officers still holding the man down during the shooting. The answer is no. If you taze someone and others are touching the person, they will get tazed too. However when you see the video, both officers released the man at the same time while officer one was reaching for his weapon, after the man on the floor was alone, then he was shot.

This sort of really backs up the idea that the call was made that the officer planned to taze then the two officers synchronized their movements.