User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post

Black cops have also been heavy handed agasint otehr blacks. Is it difficult to accept that society might be in fact biased, and that those who are employed to uphold society might be trained with that bias?
    No, not with the major metropolitan departments at least... I'd say it's the contrary. PCness is usually implemented and enforced.

MBTI
    ENTP

you've obviously never been to nyc, lol

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm from the bay area . But really, do you think a department would push a bias? I don't think so, but hey, what do I know.

ThatGirl

Ok, this is an interesting topic you have here.

First off, I really don't think that the shooting had anything to do with race at all. From what I observed from the video the situation was being escalated by mass hysteria.

A few things, if the tazer theory is to stand then we would have to know what sort of tasers the departments are issued, as well as the placement on their belts. If they are the ones that shoot out then the theory would make sense, if not then it is quite obvious that would not have been a mistake seeing as how the man shot from about two feet back.

Everyone says that the guy was laying on his back on the floor not antagonizing the situation. It took about a full min and the police still didnt have the guy cuffed. I don't know if you guys watch UFC or anything like that, but if there is one thing I know is that when it appears that nothing is going on, that is when the most physical strength is being applied. From my observation the guy was fighting back pretty hard for them to not get a simple pair of cuffs on.

One thing that particularly stuck out to me in this senerio, was the look of shock in the shooters own face following the incident. He seemed to look instantly at the other officer in an attempt to get guidance or reassurance of some sort, then proceeded to run his hands through his hair and over his face, not the act of someone who just shot someone with hate crime intention. After this he began to attend to the victim in a very, akward and robotic way, possibly sheer shock and surealness.

Think about it, the guy was in the middle of a full crowd with people heckeling to let the man go. There were obviously many people with cameras and other eyes, this was most certainly commited in the moment. It was said that the guy had a week old baby, possibly sleep deprivation, accelerated agrivation, and test of strength, caused either confusion or possibly just a snap reaction out of exaustion. I would be curious as to the toxicology screening of the victim at the time, that would provide better insight as to the force of the struggle.

Still not a hate crime.

Very interesting though.

MBTI
    ISTx

^Good observations, gurl.

MBTI
    ENTJ

From the video, this looks like an unjustified shooting, and it'll be interesting to see what the outcome of any investigation is. If the officer is charged with an offense, I think it will help his case that there are some clear-ish signs that this was an accidental shooting (which is bad enough, but might result in a lesser punishment than if he were found to have shot the man out of anger or hate etc.) - the reaction mentioned in the above post being the strongest one. Looks to me like this officer made a damned big mistake.* Does anyone have the latest news on this incident?

*it is completely possible that I'm wrong - this is just my take on the video
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    IsTP

Sooooo I was talking to the neighborhood beat cop, 20+ years in the force, and I asked him 3 questions

One: I've handled a gun but not a taser, how easy would it be to get them confused? He looked at me like I was retarded.

Two: What are the chances you forget which side your gun is on in the heat of the moment? Another retard look.

Three: What do you think happened? Out of professional courtesy he declined to say anything more than, "if he did confuse his gun with his taser, he's lucky it wasn't a shootout where he grabbed his taser by mistake"
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Negative. Cops roll out for their shift at condition 1 (round in chamber).
    Ahh, okay.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    A few things, if the tazer theory is to stand then we would have to know what sort of tasers the departments are issued, as well as the placement on their belts. If they are the ones that shoot out then the theory would make sense, if not then it is quite obvious that would not have been a mistake seeing as how the man shot from about two feet back.
    That's the only kind of Taser. You might be thinking of "stun guns."

MBTI
    enfp