User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Also check out taser pics on google, things look very close to a pistol. Trigger with the index finger and what not. What's in question is whether he carried one on his shift or not. Not all officers carry.

While every one else is talking about Rodney King, I'm trying to stay on subject. :p

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Also check out taser pics on google, things look very close to a pistol. Trigger with the index finger and what not. What's in question is whether he carried one on his shift or not. Not all officers carry.
    why would a cop taser a guy being held by other officers?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What I know is that the entire incident is not on tape, only the most inflammatory part.
    irrelevent. he was no longer a threat and they clearly continued

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    They do it all the time to subdue perps. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but they do it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    He didn't just pull out his wallet. He ran, first...big mistake.
    if he actually did run, he ran from 4 guys not dressed in uniform wanting him for something in the dark of night. How do you react to 4 unidentified or unverifiable aggressive guys at night?

If the case was so cut and dry, there would nto have been a multimillion dollar wrongful death settlement, and the patrol division would not have been disbanded.

41 times, was he shot. I understand procedure is not to shoot to injure, but someone had to reload.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    They do it all the time to subdue perps. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but they do it.
    probably an even worse idea next to the train tracks. A guy in nyc was killed by police not too long ago when he fell off a building following an unnecessary taser shooting. In that case, the officer ordering the shoot felt so bad he later committed suicide.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    Really? If you watched the tape it's clear he wasn't compliant otherwise he would have been cuffed without struggle. If there is struggle it is in complete right to taser. Though you can't prove it I'd guarantee that were tasing what was intended, he was given clear warning.

Subduing a struggling perp is exactly what the taser is designed for.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Kids these days.
    Didn't watch the tape. Was it "just kids?" My statement applies to "mature" humans, as well.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Didn't watch the tape. Was it "just kids?" My statement applies to "mature" humans, as well.
    I didn't watch it either, but "Yes." Unwise idealists.

I watched three recordings of this several times, and you can tell that the cop who pulled the trigger died inside in about a half a second. He was shocked when the gun went off. So, it was almost certainly an accident, and people are going to riot over it. Smart.

MBTI
    INFP

Is this a backlash to years of police being publicly degraded while doing their jobs? I know that many of them feel double-binded. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. They go to work certainly with the realization that any crazy could shoot them dead while they're trying to earn a living.

There's a lot of tension in that kind of situation and it makes it difficult to function rationally in a group as the demonstrators are, um, demonstrating. Police are not exempt from mob rule emotion.

The general situation becomes irrational on both sides while we can calmly evaluate from our armchairs.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer